[comp.sys.mac] Thanks,

sdy@ssc-vax.UUCP (Sea Lance) (02/06/88)

[why is there no hall of fame for line eater fodder??]

Thanks to all (8 of you) who responded to my query.

The double click problem was indeed a corrupt desktop from word -- and holding
the option-command keys while exiting and rebuilding  that disk did solve the
problem.

The inablility to customize a menu was the well known 'operator error' syndrome
it turns out that I had been using 'short menus' instead of 'full menus' and
under short menus you can't use option-command-+ -- it just beeps.

Now I tried using suitcase 1.0 and found that only 13 fonts (including the ones
in the system file) are available at any given time -- these being the fonts
found in the fonts folder in the system folder that are supposedly opened on
boot up.  I have each font family in a single file in the folder (one for
monaco, one for courier, etc ..) but I noticed that word and keycaps only
recognize 13 of them. I this a 'feature' or am I supposed to reduce the number
of files that I keep in the fonts folder by combining them??

steve.

--
Steven D. Yee                 >>> my employer does not share my opinions  <<<
uw-beaver!ssc-vax!sdy         >>> (that's because I'm always right! ;-)   <<<

(chant) We want more!  We want more!  We want more lines than four!!!!!!!

perkins@acf8.UUCP (Mark E. Perkins) (02/07/88)

Suitcase cannot have more than ten (10) files open at any one time.
Check the documentation.  You must have the standard three font families
in your sytem folder to get 13 total.

	Mark Perkins

Internet:  mark@vml.psych.nyu.edu	(that's VEE-EM-ELL)
Usenet:    {seismo|ihnp4|allegra}!cmcl2!vml!mark
US Mail:   Department of Psychology, NYU
	   6 Washington Place, room 970
	   New York, NY 10003
Phone:	   (212) 998-7861
From: perkins@acf8.UUCP (Mark E. Perkins)
Date: 6-Feb-88 11:41 EST
Subject: Re: CopyIImac vs. CopyIIplus
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac

I believe that copyIIplus is for the Apple ][ plus.