[comp.sys.mac] Review of 3 new Mac games

EE2Y@CRNLVAX5.BITNET (02/05/88)

Subject:  New games on Mac

My impressions of several new games for the Macintosh:

Crystal Quest:  Very good action/shoot-em-up game.  Great digitized sounds,
                challenging, fast-paced, and in dazzling color on the Mac II.
                If any of you have played Crystal Raider, the shareware
                version, this is better, especially on a Mac SE or II which
                has the ABD mouse which is more precise.

Apache Strike:  Great game, probably my current favorite.  You're a helicopter
                pilot in about 1997 whose mission is to destroy the Enemy's
                (ie- Soviet Union's) SDI computer systems.  You see a 3-D
                view of your helicopter flying in downtown Russian cities,
                weaving in and out of skyscrapers with walkways connecting
                them, which makes for challenging flying!  You're heli is
                armed with bullets and missiles.  You have to first get past
                the enemy helicopters and tanks before wiping out the SDI
                computer.  From Silicon Beach (makers of Dark Castle, Airborne,
                Super Paint).

Falcon:         Intriguing fighter flight simulator.  As close to realism on
                the Mac as you can get.  You fly your F-16, trying to shoot
                down enemy MiGS.  There are 10 missions, and you can be any
                of 5 ranks.  Fun, but difficult, to play.

Of the above, all run on the Mac+ and Mac SE, while Crystal Quest & Falcon run
on the Mac II.

Brian Campbell
Cornell Univ.
ee2y@crnlvax5.ccs.cornell.edu

stevem@hpvcla.HP.COM (Steve Miller) (02/09/88)

>Apache Strike:  Great game, probably my current favorite.  You're a helicopter
>                pilot in about 1997 whose mission is to destroy the Enemy's
>
>Brian Campbell
>Cornell Univ.

I purchased Apache Strike a few days ago and I am already starting to get a
little tired of it.  It is a little to easy for me, and there isn't much
variety in the game.  The graphics and sound are quite good but it doesn't
make it a great game for me.

Steven Miller