[comp.sys.mac] TeXtures and LaserWriter 5.0

pgn@usceast.UUCP (Paul Nevai) (02/08/88)

TeXtures 1.0 and LaserWriter 5.0 seem to be incompatible. When
printing, an error is generated and then no printout is produced.

Did anyone else on the Net notice this?

(Solution: Use laserWriter 4.0, but then background printing with
multifinder is impossible.)

Paul Nevai                                N410106@univscvm.BITNET (PREFERRED)
Carolina Research Professor               ...\!usceast\!pgn.UUCP
Department of Mathematics                 pgn@cs.scarolina.edu.CSNET
University of South Carolina              73057,172.Compu$erve
Columbia, S.C. 29208                      1-(803)-777-3776.office
U.S.A.                                    1-(803)-777-4226.secy

wade@sdacs.ucsd.EDU (Wade Blomgren) (02/09/88)

In article <2523@usceast.UUCP>, pgn@usceast.UUCP (Paul Nevai) writes:
> TeXtures 1.0 and LaserWriter 5.0 seem to be incompatible. When
> printing, an error is generated and then no printout is produced.
> Did anyone else on the Net notice this?
> (Solution: Use laserWriter 4.0, but then background printing with
> multifinder is impossible.)

Addison-Wesley (really Kellerman and Smith, the authors of the program)
have acknowledged this bug and registered users of TeXtures 1.0 can
obtain an upgrade to 1.01 which fixes this problem, along with adding
background typesetting capability under multifinder. Apparently you can
either switch to another program or continue editing in TeXtures while
the typesetting is going on. I think the upgrade costs about $25. In the
meantime, the above workaround is recommended by AW.

Wade Blomgren
wade@sdacs.ucsd.edu