[comp.sys.mac] SUMMARY--EXCEL Tax Templates

tyv@j.cc.purdue.edu (Carl R. Daudt) (02/01/88)

The overwhelming EXCEL Tax templates recommendation that people
are giving me is

Heizer Software
1941 Oak Park Blvd. Suite 30
Pleasant Hill, CA  94523.
(415) 943-7667   (800) 225-6755

For $35 (plus $5 handling?) you get templates for about 22+ IRS
forms which produce printouts in IRS-acceptable format.
For an additional fee, state tax forms also exist for California
and New York.

A free sample 1040 form from Heizer exists on SUMEX (available
via anonymous login) which has limitted functionality--it is
EXCEL-protected, and therefore cannot be linked to other
worksheets (IRS forms).  The purchased version is unprotected.

One respondant recommended "a place near Philadelphia called
EZ ware that makes superb Excel templates".  He used their
tax templates last year and plans to again this year.
The company apparently advertises in all the Mac magazines.

Someone also mentioned that BMUG had tax templates for
1986 for only $3, but he had no info about availability
for 1987.  If someone does has more info, please post.

-Carl Daudt, Earth & Atmos Sci, Purdue Univ, W. Lafayette, IN 47907
(317) 494-5986 email: tyv@j.cc.purdue.edu -or- daudt@purccvm.bitnet

cimeti@nucsrl.UUCP (Israel Cimet) (02/02/88)

>The overwhelming EXCEL Tax templates recommendation that people
>are giving me is
>     Heizer Software
>For $35 (plus $5 handling?) you get templates for about 22+ IRS

There is yet another alternative. From Bruce C. Pettigrew, Jr. (One
Kaizer Plaza, Suite 1050/ Oakland, CA 94612) you can get the same
forms *plus* some worksheets and CA tax forms for $28+$3(S/H). He
distributes a fully functional 1040 and Sched. A forms.

I am posting these forms to comp.binaries.mac along with a worksheet
with the tax tables (that was not included in the original package but
I got from a BBS) for those of us that get less than $50,000. For
those of you doing more than 50K -- Get an accountant!! (:-) (not really,
the schedules are included too). I think this combination is enough to
start with (at least it was for me).

Please, don't blame me or these forms if you have problems with the IRS!!.

--------------------------------
I. Arieh Cimet
Northwestern University

tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) (02/03/88)

>Someone also mentioned that BMUG had tax templates for
>1986 for only $3, but he had no info about availability
>for 1987.  If someone does has more info, please post.

I just saw a Feb. 1988 flyer with BMUG's software library
listed.  No '87 Excel tax templates yet.

-Ted

wbell@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Warren Bell) (02/09/88)

In article <870128@hpcilzb.HP.COM> tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) writes:

>>Someone also mentioned that BMUG had tax templates for
>>1986 for only $3, but he had no info about availability
>>for 1987.  If someone does has more info, please post.
>
>I just saw a Feb. 1988 flyer with BMUG's software library
>listed.  No '87 Excel tax templates yet.
>
>-Ted

Does anyone know of a source of Tax templates or Tax programs
for the Mac for the Canadian Tax system?
--
----
University of Toronto Computing Services	       Warren Bell

Disclaimer: the views expressed above are mine, and do not in any way reflect
the views of my employers.