[comp.sys.mac] TeXtures upgrade

moreno@CS.UCLA.EDU (02/09/88)

I was surprised to received in the mail TeXtures v1.1 (or something similar),
an upgrade which makes TeXtures become MultiFinder compatible, and it is
supposed to fix the laserwriter incompatibility. It has some other
enhancements, such as folders to load fonts, formats and files at startup
from specific folders.

Looks good!

Jaime Moreno

ykawahig@CS.UCLA.EDU (02/09/88)

In article <11206@shemp.UCLA.EDU> moreno@CS.UCLA.EDU (Jaime Moreno) writes:
>I was surprised to received in the mail TeXtures v1.1 (or something similar),
>an upgrade which makes TeXtures become MultiFinder compatible, and it is
>supposed to fix the laserwriter incompatibility. It has some other
>enhancements, such as folders to load fonts, formats and files at startup
>from specific folders.
>
>Looks good!
>
>Jaime Moreno

I got the update TeXtures 1.01 for $25 last week, and began using it.  It
is surely better than 1.0, and runs faster.  But it seems to use more
memory than 1.0.  On my 1-meg Mac+ (with 20meg hard drive), I didn't have
any problem with 1.0, but now 1.01 says "I'm dangerously low in memory"
or something like that, and stops for my 20 page file with AmS-TeX.  It's
really annoying.  Is it possible to reduce the size of font files so that
I don't have this problem ?

       Yasuyuki Kawahigashi        ykawahig@math.ucla.edu (Arpa Internet)
         Department of Mathematics, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90024, U.S.A.
     $$\zeta(\sigma+it)=0,\quad0<\sigma<1\Longrightarrow\sigma={1\over2}.$$

jeffa@hpmwtla.HP.COM (Jeff Aguilera) (02/12/88)

>>  $$\zeta(\sigma+it)=0,\quad0<\sigma<1\Longrightarrow\sigma={1\over2}.$$

Please tell me it's true!  (Then cite proof!  NB:  No need to say $\sigma<1$.)

G. F. Bernhard Riemann Lives