[comp.sys.mac] Problem with Moire CDEV

dave@bigburd.PRC.Unisys.COM (David Lee Matuszek) (02/06/88)

I love Moire CDEV too.  However, if Moire comes on while I am printing,
the output turns to garbage.

Specificially:  on my Imagewriter (I), from MacWrite 4.5 under HFS,
using best quality printing (haven't tried other combinations, but this
one is reliable), the ImageWriter output becomes heavily overprinted
with random black dots all over; the original text appears to be mixed
in, but can't tell for sure.

I have set Moire to come up after 60 minutes rather than 4.

I only read the documentation quickly, but I don't recall seeing any
comments about this, so I presume it's a bug.

gjditchfield@violet.waterloo.edu (Glen Ditchfield) (02/08/88)

In article <5410@burdvax.PRC.Unisys.COM> dave@bigburd.PRC.Unisys.COM (David Lee Matuszek) writes:

>I love Moire CDEV too.  However, if Moire comes on while I am printing,
>the output turns to garbage.
>
>Specificially:  on my Imagewriter (I), from MacWrite 4.5 under HFS,
>using best quality printing (haven't tried other combinations, but this
>one is reliable), the ImageWriter output becomes heavily overprinted
>with random black dots all over; the original text appears to be mixed
>in, but can't tell for sure.

It did the same to me using "Faster" printing.  (Mac512ke, MacWrite 4.5,
under Multifinder.)

I think I'll go back to loving AutoBlack.

Lou@cup.portal.com (02/13/88)

dave@bigburd.PRC.Unisys.COM writes:

I love Moire CDEV too.  However, if Moire comes on while I am printing,
the output turns to garbage.

Specificially:  on my Imagewriter (I), from MacWrite 4.5 under HFS,
using best quality printing (haven't tried other combinations, but this
one is reliable), the ImageWriter output becomes heavily overprinted
with random black dots all over; the original text appears to be mixed
in, but can't tell for sure.
----
Try putting the mouse in the "no sleep" corner - lower right corner -
during your printing.