[comp.sys.mac] CopyIImac vs. CopyIIplus

peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) (02/01/88)

We're about to purchase a disk copier and are wondering what the
differences are between CopyIImac and CopyIIplus. Both products
are by the same company, are the same price, and their descriptions
are similar (though not identical). Which is the better product
or is the latter a later version of copyIImac?

--
Peter Steele Acadia Univ. Wolfville NS Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121
UUCP:{uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}dalcs!aucs!Peter BITNET:Peter@Acadia

Tim_M_Dierks@cup.portal.com (02/07/88)

>We're about to purchase a disk copier and are wondering what the
>differences are between CopyIImac and CopyIIplus. Both products
>are by the same company, are the same price, and their descriptions
>are similar (though not identical). Which is the better product
>or is the latter a later version of copyIImac?
>

>--
>Peter Steele Acadia Univ. Wolfville NS Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121
>UUCP:{uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}dalcs!aucs!Peter BITNET:Peter@Acadia
>-------------Internet:Peter%Acadia.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU-------------

Copy II Mac is the former name of a copy program from Central Point software
for the Apple Macintosh.  Since the latest release (V 7.0) it has meen called
(I believe) Copy II for the Apple Macintosh.  For years, Copy II+, from the
same company, has been the best copy program for the Apple II series of
computers.

- Anyone looking for a sophomore EE / Macintosh guru for the summer? -

Tim Dierks
University of Notre Dame
President, MADMACS Macintosh Users Group
Tim_M_Dierks@cup.portal.com
C4TKG3@IRISHMVS.BITNET
{backbone}!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!Tim_M_Dierks
{I've really got to ask someone about this path}!ndmath!dierks

hannon@clio.las.uiuc.edu (02/08/88)

peter@aucs.UUCP(Peter Steele) writes in comp.sys.mac

>We're about to purchase a disk copier and are wondering what the
>differences are between CopyIImac and CopyIIplus. Both products
>are by the same company, are the same price, and their descriptions
>are similar (though not identical). Which is the better product
>or is the latter a later version of copyIImac?
	Central Point Software makes copy programs for all microcomputers on the
market today.  Each one, with the exception of the first product, is called:
Copy][ (something which is the name of the computer, Mac, IBM, 64, etc.).  The
products that you mention are Copy][Mac, which is the product for the Mac, while
Copy][Plus is the original version for, yes you guess it, The Apple ][+(and
other Apple ]['s).  So for your Mac, you need Copy][Mac.

+                                   |                                      +
+  Leonard Rosenthol                |  USnail:   205 E. Healey  #33        +
+  LazerWare, inc.                  |            Champaign, Il  61820      +
+  GEnie: MACgician                 |                                      +
+  ARPA:  hannon@clio.las.uiuc.edu  |  Bitnet:   3FLOSDQ@UIUCNOSA.BITNET   +
+  {ihnp4|convex|pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!hannon                               +
+ Disclaimer #1: Since I own the company, I can say whatever I want, and   +
+                not be responsible for it!                                +
+                                                                          +
+ Disclaimer #2: Anything I say may be construed as being under the        +
+                jurisdiction of Disclaimer #1                             +

changwoo@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Chang Woo) (02/08/88)

In article <814@aucs.UUCP> peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) writes:
>We're about to purchase a disk copier and are wondering what the
>differences are between CopyIImac and CopyIIplus. Both products
>are by the same company, are the same price, and their descriptions
>are similar (though not identical). Which is the better product
>or is the latter a later version of copyIImac?

Oh, you've misread the discriptions, then. Whereas CopyIIMac is for
Macintosh, CopyIIplus is for Apple II product line. You should get
CopyIIMac instead. Last time when I checked with the company, their latest
version was 7.0.

Chang
--
Chang P. Woo     HB 2932, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755

denbeste@bgsuvax.UUCP (William C. DenBesten) (02/08/88)

From article <814@aucs.UUCP>, by peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele):
> We're about to purchase a disk copier and are wondering what the
> differences are between CopyIImac and CopyIIplus. Both products
> are by the same company, are the same price, and their descriptions
> are similar (though not identical). Which is the better product
> or is the latter a later version of copyIImac?

It sort of depends what computer you want to run it on.  If you are using
a macintosh, you want copyIImac.  If you have something in the apple II
line, you want copyIIplus.  (copyIIpc = MSDOS; copyIIst = atari st;
copyII64/128 = commodore 64 & 128)

---
          William C. DenBesten | CSNET denbeste@research1.bgsu.edu
      Dept of Computer Science | UUCP  ...!cbosgd!osu-cis!bgsuvax!denbeste
Bowling Green State University |
  Bowling Green, OH 43403-0214 |

olson@endor.harvard.edu (Eric K. Olson) (02/09/88)

In a recent article Peter Steele writes:
>We're about to purchase a disk copier and are wondering what the
>differences are between CopyIImac and CopyIIplus. Both products
>are by the same company, are the same price, and their descriptions
>are similar (though not identical). Which is the better product
>or is the latter a later version of copyIImac?

Copy ][+ is for the Apple ][, not the Macintosh.  The same company also
makes Copy ][ PC and Copy ][ Mac.

-Eric

Eric K. Olson     olson@endor.harvard.edu     harvard!endor!olson     D0760
   (Name)                (ArpaNet)                 (UseNet)        (AppleLink)

dean@aoa.UUCP (Dean Wormell) (02/11/88)

In article <8109@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU> changwoo@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Chang Woo) writes:

  [text deleted]

>>or is the latter a later version of copyIImac?
>
>Oh, you've misread the discriptions, then. Whereas CopyIIMac is for
>Macintosh, CopyIIplus is for Apple II product line. You should get
>CopyIIMac instead. Last time when I checked with the company, their latest
>version was 7.0.

I believe I saw a reference in the Feb. MacUser to a Version 7.1.

--

		Dean Wormell

			...!{harvard,ima}!bbn!aoa!dean

Lou@cup.portal.com (02/13/88)

peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) writes:

>We're about to purchase a disk copier and are wondering what
>the differences are between CopyIImac and CopyIIplus. Both
>products are by the same company, are the same price, and
>their descriptions are similar (though not identical). Which
>is the better product or is the latter a later version of
>copyIImac?

Copy II+ is the program that copies Apple II-series programs.
Copy II Mac is the program that copies Macintosh programs.