[comp.sys.mac] Prototyper by SmetherBarnes

dibello@apollo.uucp (Phil Dibello) (02/04/88)

    I would like some information about a program called Protyper by SmetherBarnes.
Has anyone had good/bad experiences?  Is it worth its price? I am particularly
interested in its interface to Lightspeed Pascal.

    I tried calling MacConnection, and other software houses to get a price, but
they knew nothing of it.  Is there a place to get it besides SmetherBarnes?

                                                            Phil DiBello
                                                            Apollo Computer
                                                            dibello@apollo.UUCP

smethers@psu-cs.UUCP (Paul Smethers) (02/13/88)

In article <3a153df3.f86f@apollo.uucp> dibello@apollo.uucp (Phil Dibello) writes:

>I would like some information about a program called Protyper by SmetherBarnes.
I don't think that it is available from major distributors yet, but the
Publishing Department says that it will be soon (they say they are being
courted heavily by the major vendors).  ComputerWare has bought and has a
large shipment, so you might try them.  In the mean time, I believe the $99
direct price will hold until March 1 if you buy direct from SmethersBarnes.
By this time the major distributors will have it.  Call at 1-503-274-2800 to
get better information from the Publishing Department.

>Has anyone had good/bad experiences?  Is it worth its price? I am particularly
>interested in its interface to Lightspeed Pascal.
We have had a lot of good response from our initial customers, but I'm not
the one to say as I have an obvious interest in its success.  It does, however
work well with Lightspeed Pascal.  Anything you can do with Prototyper can be
generated into LSP code and compiled to create a stand-alone or starting point
for application development.

Paul Smethers
SmethersBarnes