[comp.sys.mac] FullWrite has a new home

ELFJ@CRNLVAX5.BITNET (02/11/88)

Ann Arbor Softworks has been purchased by Aston Tate.  This has been
officially announced.  All programs, personnel, and office equipment are
now property (or employees) of AT.  This will not affect the release of
FullWrite or the upgrade policies towards pre-release purchasers.

The information I was given by an employee of AT who was answering AAS's
phones is that release is 6 to 8 weeks away.

Linda Iroff
elfj@crnlvax5.bitnet

chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (02/11/88)

>All programs, personnel, and office equipment are
>now property (or employees) of AT.  This will not affect the release of
>FullWrite or the upgrade policies towards pre-release purchasers.

That's too bad. I was hoping AT would improve things... (smiley face if you
  want it...)

>The information I was given by an employee of AT who was answering AAS's
>phones is that release is 6 to 8 weeks away.

Hmm. they've been saying that since August. Maybe AT will insert a little
reality into their answering service....

All in all, this purchase both scares me and encourages me. I was really
depressed when Letraset bought Ready Set Go. I've been proven very wrong
there. Maybe Ashton Tate can take a product that's technically very good and
wrap their development and marketing experience around it and turn it into
soemthing you not only want, but can trust.

chuq (believe it when I see the shrinkwrap)
Chuq Von Rospach			chuq@sun.COM		Delphi: CHUQ

                       What do you mean 'You don't really want to hurt her?'
                                    I'm a Super-Villain! That's my Schtick!

steve@hpiacla.HP.COM (Steve Witten) (02/13/88)

I wonder what is going to happen to FullPaint now?  FullPaint does not work
with MultiFinder.  When I called AAS to find out when it would/how much it
would cost me, the rude clown on the other end of the phone told me that they
could not worry about such things now due to the push to get FullWrite
done/released.

I went out and bought a copy of SuperPaint over this incident after being a
FullPaint user for 2+ years...  At least they were nice over the phone and
answered all of my questions.

Tom Peters is right...if you don't get satisfaction as a customer, complain.
If they ignore/laugh at your complaint, don't give them your business.  Who
the hell do these people think are funding FullWrite development, anyway?

Steve Witten
Industrial Applications Center  {ucbvax, hplabs}!hpda!hpdsla!hpiacla!steve
Hewlett-Packard Co.             steve@hpiacla.HP.COM

"...Did you trade a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?..."

goldman@apple.UUCP (Phil Goldman) (02/15/88)

In article <4860006@hpiacla.HP.COM> steve@hpiacla.HP.COM (Steve Witten) writes:
>I wonder what is going to happen to FullPaint now?  FullPaint does not work
>with MultiFinder.  When I called AAS to find out when it would/how much it
>would cost me...
As far as I know, FullPaint works just fine with MultiFinder.  Perhaps if
you are having some particular problem with it you could send me some mail;
I will forward to the Bug Reporting Center here.

-Phil Goldman
Apple Computer