[comp.sys.mac] Finally, I ordered my Mac II!

mkao@crash.cts.com (Mike Kao) (02/11/88)

A while back, I posted a query about whether I should purchase a Mac SE or
a Mac II. Well, I finally decided on the Mac II system. Now I'd like to know
what the net thinks about my setup and deal. I'd love any comments!

My setup is as follows:

Mac II w/2 megs of RAM
Extended keyboard/mouse
40 meg CMS internal hard disk
1 internal 800k drive
Imagewriter II
Apple RGB monitor w/video card
Hypercard software

I'm getting all this for $4700. Does it sound like a fairly good deal?

--

To insure my reception of any replies, please respond via e-mail. Thanks!

                                                                  -- Mike Kao

UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!pnet01!mkao
ARPA: crash!pnet01!mkao@nosc.mil
INET: mkao@pnet01.CTS.COM

bernard@prlb2.UUCP (Bernard Yves) (02/15/88)

mkao@crash.CTS.COM writes :

> My setup is as follows:
>
> Mac II w/2 megs of RAM
> Extended keyboard/mouse
> 40 meg CMS internal hard disk
> 1 internal 800k drive
> Imagewriter II
> Apple RGB monitor w/video card
> Hypercard software
>
> I'm getting all this for $4700. Does it sound like a fairly good deal?
		           ^^^^^

Do you know that here in Europe to get the same configuration it will
cost you even with the 35% discount Apple gives to developper nearly
twice that price !!

I bought the same configuration in August 87 and paid for it something
around 300000 bfrs. (~8500 $ at the present change rate, aound 7500 $ at
that time) !

Anyone in US who would buy a 80 meg HD for me ?

Yves Bernard
Philips Res. Lab, Brussels
bernard@prlb2.uucp