[comp.sys.mac] Detecting Disk Ejections

tomc@mntgfx.mentor.com (Tom Carstensen) (02/15/88)

It there a way to detect when a disk has been ejected
via the <cmd-shift-1/2>, rather than continually poll the
drives to determine what volumes are on-line (in the machine)?

I can detect the keyboard cmd-shift-1/2 event, but there are
other ways to eject the disk (ie the pin-hole in the drive
itself).

Any answers?

: Tom Carstensen              Usenet: tomc@mntgfx.MENTOR.COM :
: Mentor Graphics             GEnie:  XPC23637               :
:                                                            :
:     . . . and this shall be Max Headroom's finest hour.    :
:                                       - Max Headroom       :

Dug_Bug@castle (Dug Bug) (02/16/88)

I believe that when the disk is ejected by use of a paper clip that the
computer itself usually doesn't know, or else most of the programs which
I have done this on don't support it, including the finder.

--- ConfMail V3.31
 * Origin: 152 UFGATE: The Castle. Not to be echomailed from net 152. (1:152/201)
SEEN-BY: 152/200 201 203

--
Gatewayed from FidoNet to Usenet at: