[comp.sys.mac] How to do IPC with MultiFinder?

dee@cca.CCA.COM (Donald Eastlake) (02/16/88)

In article <2948@dasys1.UUCP> cheeser@dasys1.UUCP (Les Kay) writes:
>	I  am  looking  for  information  on  how  to   do   interprocess
>	communications  (IPC)  between  applications  running  on  top of
>	MultiFinder.
>In, "INSIDE MACINTOSH Vol 5" on page 516 (at least on my copy!) it talks about
>sending packets to your own node via appletalk protocol.  ...

My understanding is that the official word from Apple is that this is very
inefficient and that you should wait for later versions of MultiFinder
with "real" IPC.
--
	+1 617-492-8860		Donald E. Eastlake, III
	ARPA: dee@CCA.CCA.COM	usenet:	{cbosg,decvax,linus}!cca!dee