[comp.sys.mac] Bug in StuffIt

clubmac@runx.ips.oz (Macintosh Users Group) (02/05/88)

Try CMD-i on a selected item in the archive list - notice how the Info window
appears and disappears in the blink of an eye? This bug has been in every
version upto 1.31.

Also, there is some inconsistency in the shareware fee. Some windows show
$18, the info window shows $15.

We have sent our $15 (haven't heard from Ray Lau, yet) and we think it is
a great utility. The segmentation feature is handy.

Jason Haines, President

Club Mac Macintosh Users Group, Sydney, Australia
Phone Home: +61-2-73-4444
Snail:      Box 213, Holme Building, Sydney University, NSW, 2006, Australia
ACSnet:     clubmac@runx.ips.oz	   ARPA:   clubmac%runx.ips.oz@uunet.uu.net
UUCP:{enea,hplabs,mcvax,prlb2,uunet,ubc-vision,ukc}!munnari!runx.ips.oz!clubmac

isle@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Ken Hancock) (02/11/88)

In article <1361@runx.ips.oz> clubmac@runx.ips.oz (Macintosh Users Group) writes:

>Try CMD-i on a selected item in the archive list - notice how the Info window
>appears and disappears in the blink of an eye? This bug has been in every
>version upto 1.31.

Another one that I've found...

When moving through file folders with the Cmd-arrows and then
doing a Cmd-Return for a Save-All, the button just flickers until
the Save-All button is actually clicked.

System: MacPlus, Nova20 SCSI, System 4.1/Finder 5.5, beaucoup d'inits.

Ken

--
Ken Hancock                        |    UUCP: isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Personal Computing Ctr. Consultant |  BITNET: isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu

jellinghaus-robert@CS.YALE.EDU (Rob Jellinghaus) (02/13/88)

In article <8135@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU> isle@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Ken Hancock) writes:
>Another [bug in Stuffit] that I've found...
>
>When moving through file folders with the Cmd-arrows and then
>doing a Cmd-Return for a Save-All, the button just flickers until
>the Save-All button is actually clicked.
>
>System: MacPlus, Nova20 SCSI, System 4.1/Finder 5.5, beaucoup d'inits.

One of those inits wouldn't happen to be QuicKeys, would it?  Because
I believe that one of the preset keys in the DialogKeys init is cmd-

jcc@ut-emx.UUCP (Chris Cooley) (02/13/88)

Earlier I posted that I was having troubles with StuffIt 1.31 trying to
unpack from an Appleshare volume to a floppy disk.

It appears that it may be that StuffIt doesn't like Multifinder.  When I
tried doing the same thing with the normal finder, things went wonderfully.

					--chris

raylau@dasys1.UUCP (Raymond Lau) (02/14/88)

In article <8135@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU>, isle@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Ken Hancock) writes:
> Another one that I've found...
>
> When moving through file folders with the Cmd-arrows and then
> doing a Cmd-Return for a Save-All, the button just flickers until
> the Save-All button is actually clicked.
>
> System: MacPlus, Nova20 SCSI, System 4.1/Finder 5.5, beaucoup d'inits.
>

> Ken
>
> --
> Ken Hancock                        |    UUCP: isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
> Personal Computing Ctr. Consultant |  BITNET: isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu

Now...that one had me scratching my head for a few days too.....

What I found to be the cause of the problem has to do with the last part
of your system.  The beaucoup d'inits.  In this case, the culprit was DIALOG
KEYS.  The command-return combination is used by Dialog Keys to either go
forward a button or backwards (forgot).  Run QuickAccess and Customize your
dialog keys!

--
Raymond Lau                       GEnie: RayLau
100-04 70 Ave.                    CIS: 76174,2617

joachim@iravcl.ira.uka.de (02/17/88)

In article <803@ut-emx.UUCP>, jcc@ut-emx.UUCP (Chris Cooley) writes:

> Earlier I posted that I was having troubles with StuffIt 1.31 trying to
> unpack from an Appleshare volume to a floppy disk.
>
> It appears that it may be that StuffIt doesn't like Multifinder.  When I
> tried doing the same thing with the normal finder, things went wonderfully.

Although I can't confirm exactly what happens, I assume that
AppleShare has problems with MultiFinder in general. I had some
misterous problems that I couldn't reproduce...

Joachim Lindenberg, University of Karlsruhe
Federal Republic of Germany - West Germany.