[comp.sys.mac] moving up in SFGetFile

In article <1753@phoenix.Princeton.EDU> pswisnov@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Peter S. Wisnovsky) writes:
>Another problem with these standard dlogs is in the Open dialog
>boxes, where there is no keyboard equivelent for going up to the
>enclosing directory: at the moment, since I have 2 drives I hit
>the tab key twice to get to the top of the directory, but this seems
>inelegent.

This is the second time I've seen someone complaining about this
today, so I guess the answer needs to be posted: Command-UpArrow goes
up to the enclosing folder.

Barry Margolin
Thinking Machines Corp.

barmar@think.com
uunet!think!barmar

pswisnov@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Peter S. Wisnovsky) (02/18/88)

A number of people have pointed out that control-uparrow moves up
in the directory heirarchy. Unfortunately, having an old keyboard
(which I prefer for other reasons), I don't have an up arrow key.
Is there an equivelent for the old keyboards?
--
Peter Wisnovsky		pswisnov@phoenix.princeton.edu   BitNet: pswisnov@pucc

Please use mail: this news feed is VERY unreliable.