[net.wanted] Mazewar

hartley@uvm-cs.UUCP (Stephen J. Hartley) (08/29/84)

All right, ucbcory!mazewar guys,

  I sent you mail at ucbvax!ucbcory!mazewar and ucbvax bounced it back,
saying that ucbcory is an unknown host.  So I have to post my request here.
Sorry, netland.

>From hartley Tue Aug 28 09:04:48 1984
To: uvm-gen!dartvax!decvax!ucbvax!ucbcory!mazewar
Subject: send it please

Folks,

  Please send mazewar.  Thanks.  CSNET is preferred to save intermediate node
phone costs.
--
"If that's true, then I'm the Pope!"		Stephen J. Hartley
USENET:	decvax!dartvax!uvm-gen!uvm-cs!hartley	The University of Vermont

barto@celerity.UUCP (09/03/84)

I have tried to mail to ...!ucbcory!mazewar and get mail bounced.

What gives???

Please send mazewar to:

	barto (david barto)	Tele : (619) 271 9940
	uucp : {decvax || ucbvax || ihnp4}!sdcsvax!celerity!barto
	uucp : akgua!celerity!barto
	arpa : sdcsvax!celerity!barto@NOSC
--
	barto (david barto)	Tele : (619) 271 9940
	uucp : {decvax || ucbvax || ihnp4}!sdcsvax!celerity!barto
	uucp : akgua!celerity!barto
	arpa : sdcsvax!celerity!barto@NOSC

wall@ucbvax.ARPA (Steve Wall) (09/05/84)

[is the line eater on a diet?]

> I have tried to mail to ...!ucbcory!mazewar and get mail bounced.
>
> What gives???

Give the following address syntax a try:

	..!ucbvax!mazewar@ucbcory

Apparently ucbvax is not converting the "ucbvax!ucbcory" to the local
ethernet address syntax. I tried the above from ucbarpa and it looks
like it got through.

Steve Wall
..!ucbvax!wall

p.s. this article might get posted twice....we have a new version of
postnews running and I don't know if the first posting got through.

hans@log-hb.UUCP (Hans Albertsson) (09/17/84)

[]
Yeah, the Subject line says it all; Please get me a Mazewar...
Please, someone at ucbvax in Berkeley, tell mazewar@ucbcory
that we in Sweden want it BADLY...

I tried & tried & tried & tried to get a letter across, but
Mailer DAEMON at ucbvax says host is unknown...

I've tried EVERY syntax for the address known to man ( and to Wombats ) to
no avail... what's the matter with you Californians? don't you want us to
find out what you're REALLY spending your computer resources on?

If that's OK, I'll redistribute in Sweden & other nordic countries, so a
single tape is OK. If money is the issue, tell us how much...

We're REALLY TRUSTWORTHY over here, so don't hesitate to send the tape,
accompanied by an invoice... The invoice is just needed for our internal
bureaucracy, you know, the funny little gray guys who live off paper
scraps...

--
			{decvax,philabs}!mcvax!enea!log-hb!hans
			Hans Albertsson,