[comp.sys.mac] Get AU/X without buying a hard disk!

planting@speedy.WISC.EDU (W. Harry Plantinga) (02/19/88)

What about those multi-copy licenses that were mentioned in the press
release?  Could a university, a dealer, or some enterprising soul buy
a 10-copy license and sell 9 copies?

How much does a 10-copy license cost?  What are the restrictions on
who may buy?

cswarren@enzyme.berkeley.edu (Warren Gish;133 Biochem;x3-9219) (02/21/88)

In article <5258@spool.cs.wisc.edu> planting@speedy.WISC.EDU (W. Harry Plantinga) writes:
>What about those multi-copy licenses that were mentioned in the press
>release?  Could a university, a dealer, or some enterprising soul buy
>a 10-copy license and sell 9 copies?
>
>How much does a 10-copy license cost?  What are the restrictions on
>who may buy?

cswarren@enzyme.berkeley.edu (Warren Gish;133 Biochem;x3-9219) (02/21/88)

In article <5258@spool.cs.wisc.edu> planting@speedy.WISC.EDU (W. Harry Plantinga) writes:
>What about those multi-copy licenses that were mentioned in the press
>release?
>How much does a 10-copy license cost?  What are the restrictions on
>who may buy?
An Apple A/UX product manager told me 2 days ago that Apple dealers
will NOT be able to buy the multi-copy licenses, but universities,
corporations, and the like, will.  The motivation behind this decision
is quality control (and perhaps the responsibility for said).  I have
heard rumor that the 10-copy license works out to about $500 per copy.

Warren Gish
IST
UCB
cswarren@violet.berkeley.edu