[comp.sys.mac] Wizardry

isle@dartvax.UUCP (06/04/87)

Line eaters shall one day rule the electronics world...

Upon poking around in Wizardry the other day, I found a couple of
dialog boxes (DLOG=12 and DLOG=24) of two windows that Sir-Tech
had left in.  Edit monsters and items.  It also had the trading post's
icon in the upper left corner.  What I'd like to know is if anyone
has ever found a way to access these hidden functions.  I assume
that they still exist, otherwise if Sir-Tech had taken them out,
they probably would have removed everything.

Please respond through mail...

Ken

--
Ken Hancock  //           UUCP: isle@dartvax                    //  Join the
____________//          BITNET: isle@u2.dartmouth.edu          //   SMILE :)

KSN@PSUVM.BITNET (Peter A. Krupa) (02/19/88)

Could someone please send me descriptions of class spells?  Particularly
the MAGE, PRIEST and BISHOP classes.  Its kind of unsatisfying to have
Guildmasters exploring the dungeons with only fireballs and elementary healing
spells (the only ones I've ascertained the effects of).

Thanks.
-------
FROM PSUVM: VM VM/CMS, MONDAY, 8-FEB-1988 16:30
FROM PSUVM:
FROM PSUVM: KSN (Peter A. Krupa, a.k.a. Spiny_Norman) is not logged in.
FROM PSUVM:  Last logged in: Monday, 8-FEB-1988 16:26
FROM PSUVM:  Mail: (no new mail)
FROM PSUVM:  Plan:
FROM PSUVM:        To discover the fractal nature of reality.
FROM PSUVM:
FROM PSUVM: Finger Command complete

alibaba@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (73539000) (02/19/88)

I'm afraid to say that the world's standard response for this question is:

If you bought it, you would know that everything there is to know about
spells is extremely well detailed in the manual.

Since you asked the question, either you didn't pay for the program,
or you just don't know how to read the manual. Forgive me for flaming a bit,
but it's so extrememely obvious what is occuring here.

~  Alexander M. Rosenberg  ~ INTERNET: alibaba@ucscb.ucsc.edu   ~ Yoyodyne    ~
~  Crown College, UCSC     ~ UUCP:...!ucbvax!ucscc!ucscb!alibaba~ Propulsion  ~
~  Santa Cruz, CA 95064    ~ BITNET:alibaba%ucscb@ucscc.BITNET  ~ Systems     ~
~  (408) 426-8869	   ~ Disclaimer: Nobody is my employer  ~ :-)         ~
~			   ~ so nobody cares what I say.	~	      ~

isle@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Ken Hancock) (02/21/88)

In article <33997KSN@PSUVM> KSN@PSUVM.BITNET (Peter A. Krupa) writes:
>Could someone please send me descriptions of class spells?  Particularly
>the MAGE, PRIEST and BISHOP classes.  Its kind of unsatisfying to have
>Guildmasters exploring the dungeons with only fireballs and elementary healing
>spells (the only ones I've ascertained the effects of).

If you've bought the game, (it's a commercial product, by the way...) it
comes with a very nice manual that describes all the spells available to
the mage and priest.  Bishop is just a mage/priest combo.  That, too, is
explained in the manual.

Ken

Although I'm not associated with Sir-Tech, I was a pleased customer until
they changed the format of Wizardry III and slowed it down significantly.

--
Ken Hancock                        |    UUCP: isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Personal Computing Ctr. Consultant |  BITNET: isle@eleazar.dartmouth.edu

jordan@apple.UUCP (Jordan Mattson) (02/23/88)

	If you had a legal copy of the software, then you would have the manual
which would tell you all about the spells.  Given your question, I can only
assume that you are used a pirated copy of Wizardry and I for one am not
going to help you in piracy and I urge others to not help you by posting this
information.
--

Jordan Mattson				UUCP:   ucbvax!mtxinu!apple!jordan
Apple Computer, Inc.			CSNET: 	jordan@apple.CSNET