[comp.sys.mac] Appletalk Imagewriter

sysop@stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) (02/20/88)

Does anyone know whether the Appletalk option for an Imagewriter includes
an Appletalk cable? I'm about to send an order to Apple and don't know
whether or not I need to order a "LocalTalk" kit as well as the printer and
the AppleTalk board.

(Anyone want to buy a used ImageWriter I?  Make me an offer.  When the
Mac II comes in (uncontrolled drooling) I want an Imagewriter on AppleTalk
so all Macs can share it ...)

Jan Harrington, sysop
Scholastech Telecommunications
ihnp4!husc6!amcad!stech!sysop or allegra!stech!sysop

	Miscellaneous profundity:

		"No matter where you go, there you are."
				Buckaroo Banzai

leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (02/23/88)

sysop@stech.UUCP(Jan Harrington) writes in comp.sys.mac

>Does anyone know whether the Appletalk option for an Imagewriter includes
>an Appletalk cable? I'm about to send an order to Apple and don't know
>whether or not I need to order a "LocalTalk" kit as well as the printer and
>the AppleTalk board.

	The AppleTalk option kit for the IW ][ does not include the LocalTalk
kit and you will have to order it seperately.
	Sorry

+                                 +  Any thing I say may be taken as  +
+   Leonard Rosenthol             +  fact, then again you might decide+
+   President, LazerWare, inc.    +  that it really isn't, so you     +
+                                 +  never know, do you??             +
+   leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu     +                                   +
+   GEnie:  MACgician             +                                   +
+   Delphi: MACgician             +                                   +
+                                 +                                   +

merchant@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Peter Merchant) (02/23/88)

In article <451@stech.UUCP>, Jan Harrington writes:
> Does anyone know whether the Appletalk option for an Imagewriter includes
> an Appletalk cable?

Afraid not.  The LocalTalk connector/cable must be purchased separately.

Misc. Note:  I was in one of those bookstore software areas over the weekend
and discovered someone was making an LocalTalk connector that looked just like
the Apple one and used LocalTalk cable rather than normal telephone cable.
The store sold it for $69.00.  Apple's sell, retail, for $75.00.  Who are we
trying to kid?
--
"Take a ride in my machine..."         Peter Merchant (merchant@eleazar.UUCP)