[comp.sys.mac] SigmaEdit request

norman@a.cs.okstate.edu (Norman Graham) (02/19/88)

Did SigmaEdit ever appear in comp.binaries.mac?  If it did, I missed it; and
if I missed it, I will be very happy if some kind, nearby soul would send
a copy to me.

Thanks you kind, nearby soul

--
Norman Graham
Oklahoma State University              Internet:  norman@a.cs.okstate.edu

khayo@sonia.cs.ucla.edu (Erazm J. Behr) (02/21/88)

In article <3186@okstate.UUCP> norman@a.cs.okstate.edu (Norman Graham) writes:
 >Did SigmaEdit ever appear in comp.binaries.mac?  If it did, I missed it; and
 >if I missed it, I will be very happy if some kind, nearby soul would send
 >a copy to me.
As the poster of a rosy announcement a few weeks ago ("I've mailed
SigmaEdit to the moderator, should appear soon") I have some
explaining to do: the copy (which I got from someone who had no luck
reaching the moderators of .binaries) that I forwarded turned out
to have a CRC error, so I'm not surprised it didn't appear. I haven't
heard from the moderator (has anyone, ever...?) and I also lost
contact with the other person. This particular effort has thus met an
untimely death, and I await others - with impatience.

                                                       Eric
 Please use   khayo@MATH.ucla.edu   instead of CS.ucla.edu

clay@claris.UUCP (Clay Maeckel) (02/22/88)

In article <9630@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> khayo@MATH.ucla.edu (Eric Behr) writes:
>I haven't heard from the moderator (has anyone, ever...?) and I also lost
>contact with the other person. This particular effort has thus met an
>untimely death, and I await others - with impatience.

Are that many people having trouble reaching the moderator of
comp.binaries.mac?  I have had very good luck with him, especially with my
posting of DeskPict.  I too was waiting for the init to appear and sent
a letter off to him asking what the delay was and he responded promptly.
While the init was in the queue I even had the chance to replace the 1.0
version with the 1.1 bug fixes without losing my place in the queue. Our
site is also lucking enough to get all the postings clean (but we don't
have enough disk space to keep anything over 3 days old :-( )  I am
include the map entry for the site of the moderator for people that need
to figure out how to get to it.  The contact at the site, Roger Long, is
also the moderator but comp.binaries.mac related mail should go to the
address macintosh-request@felix.uucp.

UUCP mail information for host felix (#USENET lines show USENET news links):
#Name                   felix
#System-CPU-OS          VAX 11/750, running 4.2BSD
#Organization           FileNet Corporation
#Contact                Roger L. Long
#Electronic-Address     hplabs!felix!bytebug
#Telephone              +1 714 966 3645
#Postal-Address         3565 Harbor Blvd., Costa Mesa, CA 92626
#Latitude-Longitude     33 42 N / 117 55 W
#Remarks
#Written-by             felix!bytebug (Roger L. Long); Fri Jan  8 09:58:17 PST 1988
#USENET ccicpg, decuac, dhw68k, fritz, hplabs, mcnc, oliveb, scgvaxd, trwrb
#
felix   ccicpg(HOURLY), decuac(DAILY), dhw68k(DAILY/5), fritz(LOCAL),
        ghsvax(WEEKLY/7), hplabs(DAILY/5), mcnc(DAILY), oliveb(DAILY/3),
        peregrine(DAILY), scgvaxd(DAILY), sco(WEEKLY), trwrb(DAILY/4),
        ucivax(DAILY/2), vortex(WEEKLY/6)

Have fun,

--
 Clay Maeckel         *   UUCP: {ames,apple,portal,sun,voder}!claris!clay
 (I know nothing!)    *   Arpanet: claris!clay@ames.arc.nasa.gov

leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu (02/23/88)

norman@a.cs.okstate.edu(Norm Graham) writes in comp.sys.mac

>Did SigmaEdit ever appear in comp.binaries.mac?  If it did, I missed it; and
>if I missed it, I will be very happy if some kind, nearby soul would send
>a copy to me.
	As the author of SigmaEdit, I would be more than glad to send out copies
of Sigma to anyone who still needs one.  Just send me a note at the address
below and I will send out a copy of SigmaEdit 1.1.  However...

	SigmaEdit 1.2 is almost done!!!!  It will have MANY new features that
may even make you give up your current standalone editor, and if it doesn't
then you can always use the new Application version for those who wanted it for
use with MultiFinder.

	New Features Include:
		1) Completely rewritten search/replace routines which now include options such as Case Sensitive searching and Whole Word Searching.
		2) GREP searches using an LSC style GREP
		3) Searching of multiple UNOPENED(!) Text Files
		4) Include File option
		5) Print text as Postscript
		6) Align Text feature (like MPW)
		7) Swap Find and Replace Text Command
		8) Case Conversion Utilities
		9) Now saves Font and Tab information with each document
		10) and more......

	As soon as I have finished it and the beta testing has concluded (I
am hoping for midMarch (beware the Ides of march), I will post it to the net
as well as GEnie, Delphi, etc.
					Leonard

+                                 +  Any thing I say may be taken as  +
+   Leonard Rosenthol             +  fact, then again you might decide+
+   President, LazerWare, inc.    +  that it really isn't, so you     +
+                                 +  never know, do you??             +
+   leonardr@uxe.cso.uiuc.edu     +                                   +
+   GEnie:  MACgician             +                                   +
+   Delphi: MACgician             +                                   +
+                                 +                                   +

paul@mit-caf.UUCP (Paul Meyer) (02/23/88)

In article <3186@okstate.UUCP> norman@a.cs.okstate.edu (Norman Graham) writes:
>Did SigmaEdit ever appear in comp.binaries.mac?  If it did, I missed it; and
>if I missed it, I will be very happy if some kind, nearby soul would send
>a copy to me.

	Actually, I never saw SigmaEdit, either, although I've heard a lot
about it.  If it hasn't been posted to comp.binaries.mac, maybe now is a good
time.  If not, I would also be happy if somebody would send me a copy.

Paul Meyer
(paul@caf.mit.edu)
Microsystems Technology Center
MIT