[comp.sys.mac] Looking for LSC DA Source Code

dredick@vax.bbn.com (The Druid) (02/13/88)

Hey NetLanders,

   I'm looking for source code of any Desk Accessory that has been
   written in Lightspeed C!

   I have obtained Earle R. Horton's SerialPrint DA (nice!).  I
   especially would like the source code for any type of Clock DA or
   neat graphics DA's (maybe like, INSECT) written in LSC.

   Basically, I am having trouble writting my own small Watch DA (like,
   Megamax C's Clock DA) and would like to see the ways that other
   programmer's do it but using the LSC package. Maybe it's me but I find
   that interface to the system (i.e. through main(p,d,n) cntrlParam *p;
   DCtlPtr d; int n;) rather different to handle.   Oh Well, please
   e-mail me any source code or a pointer to where on sumex or simtel
   I can ftp 'em.

Thanks,
-- The Druid

=    The Druid (dredick@bbn.com)                                              =
=                   "Did you ever feel that you were a typewriter,            =
=                    when everone else in the world was a wordprocessor"      =

spector@vx2.GBA.NYU.EDU (David HM Spector) (02/13/88)

A while ago I sent a generic LSC DA to SUMEX.  Its still in the archive, under
the name DA-LSC-GENERIC.HQX.  It does about one of everythig a generic DA can
do...

		Hope this helps..
		  David

David HM Spector				New York University
Senior Systems Programmer			Graduate School of Business
Arpa: SPECTOR@GBA.NYU.EDU			Academic Computing Center
UUCP:...!{allegra,rocky,harvard}!cmcl2!spector	90 Trinity Place, Rm C-4
MCIMail: DSpector				New York, New York 10006
AppleLink: D1161     CompuServe: 71260,1410     (212) 285-6080

jmunkki@santra.UUCP (Juri Munkki) (02/19/88)

In article <20770@bbn.COM> dredick@vax.bbn.com (The Druid) writes:
>   I'm looking for source code of any Desk Accessory that has been
>   written in Lightspeed C!
I mailed the source and binaries for my Mandelbrot DA about a month
ago. This DA features background processing, a window, a menu and
a dialog box. It also has a goodbye kiss procedure. I don't think
that I've left out anything that a normal DA might do.

The code is fairly well documented because I originally intended
to write an article for MacTutor. (In fact, I think I have more
comments in the source than the standard MacTutor article, but
I haven't written even a "README" file...)

I would like to know why large things like the esperanto stack,
nethack, RISK and some other really large stuff gets posted while
small programs have to wait for months. I'd like to hear from the
moderator, if he hasn't gotten my mail. (Try routing your mail through
bitnet hosts...it's a lot faster than usenet mail.)

The program is totally free, but it has the same restrictions that
GNU software has. You have to make sure the user knows of all the
modifications that you have done.

How about making votes on what stuff gets posted? The moderator
could make monthly lists of what he has gotten and send the most
wanted stuff first.

Juri Munkki
jmunkki@fingate.bitnet
jmunkki@santra.hut.fi

P.S. My DA just happens to be written in LS C!

bernard@prlb2.UUCP (Bernard Yves) (02/23/88)

In article <10515@santra.UUCP> jmunkki@santra.UUCP (Juri Munkki) writes :

>I mailed the source and binaries for my Mandelbrot DA about a month
>ago. This DA features background processing, a window, a menu and
>a dialog box. It also has a goodbye kiss procedure. I don't think
>that I've left out anything that a normal DA might do.
>I would like to know why large things like the esperanto stack,
>nethack, RISK and some other really large stuff gets posted while
>small programs have to wait for months. I'd like to hear from the
>moderator, if he hasn't gotten my mail. (Try routing your mail throbout
making votes on what stuff gets posted? The moderator

Yes. Large binaries are interesting but examplative sources are much
more interesting (and often shorter).  I don't know what's happening in
comp.sources.mac, but the flow of articles there is ridiculously small
(e.g. one for the whole january and nothing for february !).

Is the moderator (i.e. Roger Long ?) on holidays, ill or mysteriously
moderated ? Or maybe is he overloaded as he has to manage
comp.binaries.mac and comp.sources.mac [if he is, why not split that
work among 2 people?] ?

Yves Bernard.
Philips Research Lab, Brussels.
bernard@prl2.uucp