[comp.sys.mac] MultiFinder Info Again

raylau@dasys1.UUCP (Raymond Lau) (02/23/88)

I'm asked once for information regarding data structures used by MultiFinder -
such as the ones which tell what applications are running, how much memory
they're taking, etc..

I didn't expect to get an answer and I didn't.

Now, I ask again - but for a wider group of people.

Jasik Design's The Debugger is a lovely debugger.  I prefer it over TMON and
MacsBug....

It works great - until MultiFinder came along.

When I inquired - When?  I received the answer - Apple has not released enough
information on MultiFinder.  So I'm not the only ignorant one!

Must we break out that copy of MacNosy that comes with the Debugger and start
disassembling MF to figure out how it works?  Is this information some
big trade secret of Apple's?  Inside Switcher was nice, now where's Inside
MultiFinder?

--
Raymond Lau                       GEnie: RayLau
100-04 70 Ave.                    CIS: 76174,2617

edgar@dasys1.UUCP (Edgar Balagot) (02/24/88)

In article <3073@dasys1.UUCP>, raylau@dasys1.UUCP (Raymond Lau) writes:

> Jasik Design's The Debugger is a lovely debugger.  I prefer it over TMON and
> MacsBug....

Could you go into specifics at what features you find in Steve Jasiks The
"Debugger" that you find make it a much more preferred one over those that
you mentioned above?? Is it as close to source level debugging or is it more
of a symbolic debugger?? Any feedback would be appreciated...

> It works great - until MultiFinder came along.

What exactly do you mean by this comment?? Is there a problem with debugging
under MF?? As for TMON 2.8....it's an excellent debugger and has served many
a Mac programmer well. I wonder really if it is worth the price that he is
asking for the MacII version which I believe is $395.00?? BTW, are you using
the MacII version and if so, what specific advantages does it over the other
versions...
--
Edgar Balagot
Big Electric Cat Public UNIX