[comp.sys.mac] Need a book of font samples

ajq@j.cc.purdue.edu (John O'Malley) (02/23/88)

OK, this should be simple.  I need to locate a collection of font samples...
something similar to

     This is New York 12 point ABCDEFGabcdefg12345
     This is Helvetica 12 point ABCDEFGabcdefg12345

but for as many Macintosh fonts as possible.

Does anyone know of any published font books that I can buy?  I'd rather buy
a book than try to assemble one myself from dozens of public domain fonts.

John O'Malley      \  Personal Computing       \  Purdue University \ (317)
j.cc.purdue.edu!ajq \  Learning Resource Center \  Computing Center  \ 494-1787

roy@phri.UUCP (Roy Smith) (02/23/88)

In article <6484@j.cc.purdue.edu> ajq@j.cc.purdue.edu (John O'Malley) writes:
> I need to locate a collection of font samples something similar to
>
>      This is New York 12 point ABCDEFGabcdefg12345
>      This is Helvetica 12 point ABCDEFGabcdefg12345

	I have a bunch of Microsoft Word files which you can print to get
sample pages for the various LaserWriter-Plus fonts.  Each sample page has
a complete alphabet in 12 point for the 4 basic styles (Normal, Italic,
Bold, BoldItalic), sample lines in 6-24 point, and a sample paragraph of
random text.  Typographers will probably be horrified when they see
"Helvetica-Italic" mentioned instead of "Helvetica-Oblique", but that's
their problem.

	If people think it's worth it, I could bundle them all up and post
them to one of the mac binary groups.
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016

t-jacobs@utah-cs.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) (02/24/88)

This ad was in MacWeek for a Font Sampler -- POSTSCRIPT fonts that is. 800 -
900 fonts from over 14 manufactures printed on the Linotronic at 1270dpi.

$10 off the retail price, $33.95 before march 15, 1988.
MacTography
PostScript Font Sampler
702 Twinbrook Pkwy.
Rockville, Md. 20851