[comp.sys.mac] Default page size for LaserWriter

ah2@stl.stc.co.uk (Amos Hornsby) (02/11/88)

The Mac users in my department and presumably in most companies in the
UK are realy fed up with having to reset the paper size in 'page
setup' every time we create a new document due to the fact that the
default is always US letter. I have a cure for this problem using
ResEdit on the ImageWriter file (from UK MacUser Feb 88) but this is
no use to me as we always use a LaserWriter Plus. Could anyone out
there mail me with an explanation of how to change the default paper
size to A4 in the LaserWriter/Laser prep file whichever one it is.
Thanks in advance.

-- Amos Hornsby  (ah2@stl.stc.co.uk <or> ...seismo!mcvax!ukc!stl!ah2
                 <or> PSI%234237100122::AH2 <or> +44-279-29531 x2725)

kateley@apple.UUCP (Jim Kateley) (02/18/88)

In article <627@acer.stl.stc.co.uk> Amos Hornsby <ah2@stl.stc.co.uk> writes:
>The Mac users in my department and presumably in most companies in the
>UK are realy fed up with having to reset the paper size in 'page
>setup' every time we create a new document due to the fact that the

I (hopefully) posted an application from a software supplement (remember
those?) called "printer" that would let you set the page setup defaults.
It should be on sumex-aim, but you cannot get at it let me know....

--

Jim Kateley
Applelink: kateley1

Disclaimer:   What I say, think, or smell does not reflect any policy or
	      stray thought by Apple Computer, Inc.

jmunkki@santra.UUCP (Juri Munkki) (02/24/88)

In article <627@acer.stl.stc.co.uk> Amos Hornsby <ah2@stl.stc.co.uk> writes:
>The Mac users in my department and presumably in most companies in the
>UK are realy fed up with having to reset the paper size in 'page
>setup' every time we create a new document due to the fact that the
It's easy if you have ResEdit. Use any program (the Finder) to set up the
defaults you want to use and then use resedit to renumber PREC 0 to PREC 1
and PREC 1 to PREC 0.

Juri Munkki
jmunkki@santra.hut.fi
jmunkki@fingate.bitnet