[comp.sys.mac] Info on Rodime RX1000

hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Robert Hammen) (02/25/88)

Hello,
  I'm still looking for a decent internal hard drive for the Mac II that will
give the most storage space for the price (I'm a disk pig). I've seen a couple
of mail order ads for the Rodime RX1000 (100 MB internal Mac II disk) that
place it in the $1200 price range. Anyone have any experiences with this drive?
Alternatively, does anyone have any experience with the 102 MB disk from CMS
(using a Conner drive) that can be had for not much more? E-mail is welcome; if
there is sufficient interest I'll repost.

Robert Hammen		Computer Applications	hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu
Delphi: HAMMEN		GEnie: R.Hammen		CI$: 70701,2104

dumesny@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Alain Dumesny) (02/26/88)

In article <4815@uwmcsd1.UUCP> hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Robert Hammen) writes:
>Hello,
>  I'm still looking for a decent internal hard drive for the Mac II that will
>give the most storage space for the price (I'm a disk pig). I've seen a couple
>of mail order ads for the Rodime RX1000 (100 MB internal Mac II disk) that
>place it in the $1200 price range. Anyone have any experiences with this drive?
>Alternatively, does anyone have any experience with the 102 MB disk from CMS
>(using a Conner drive) that can be had for not much more? E-mail is welcome; if
>there is sufficient interest I'll repost.

>Robert Hammen		Computer Applications	hammen@csd4.milw.wisc.edu
>Delphi: HAMMEN		GEnie: R.Hammen		CI$: 70701,2104

well I have found an ad in macweek from Hardware House that sells the Pro102
for $1175, quite good !!  tel 800-356-2892

They also sell the Pro60 for $685, which is probably the drive I will be getting
for my futur macII  :-)  which is real cheap, too cheap to believe, but I called
them, so it is true....

Heard anything good/bad against CMS drives ?? (especially the Pro60 II)
(please E-mail answer to me)

See you,
Alain Dumesny
Cornell University