[comp.sys.mac] SoundCap

spryn@cci632.UUCP (Mike Spryn) (02/27/88)

In article <8802081838.AA18733@jade.berkeley.edu>
EE2Y@CRNLVAX5.BITNET (Brian Campbell) writes:
>For those wondering what ever happened to SoundCap, the sound digitizer, it has
>been bought out by Impulse; it is now called Sound Wave.
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                          NOT TRUE!!!

Fractal Software, the author and STILL THE OWNER of SoundCap is alive!
Impulse (formerly MacNifty Central) did have exclusive right to sell
SoundCap.  Impulse has since come up with its own visual audio editor
called SoundWave.  Fractal Software and Impulse are no longer
dealing with each other.  The last time I talked to Fractal, they
were busy (1) enhancing SoundCap  (2) producing a clean port to Mac II
(3) looking for a new publisher.

Of all the visual audio editors that I have examined, I think SoundCap
has the nicest user interface for waveform editing.  (Waveform editing
is the primary task for my application.)

Fractal Software ( Tom Hedges or Mark Zimmer ) can be reached at:

   Fractal Software
   377 Bowen Ave.
   Aptos, CA  95003

   (408) 688-2496
--

Michael D. Spryn  -->   rutgers!rochester!cci632!spryn