[comp.sys.mac] Need Info on "Stepping Out"

peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) (02/26/88)

I saw a reference to a program called "Stepping Out" which as I
understand it is an INIT which gives you a "virtual" screen that
you can pan across on the Mac's standard size screen just by moving
the mouse to the edges of the screen. We have an LCD projector
that uses this same technique, giving us a 640x400 screen on a Mac
with the standard 512x342 screen acting as a window into this
screen. Stepping Out apparently is a product that does this sort
of thing, but all I have is the name. Does anyone know who makes
it, price, etc.

Thanks in advance...

--
Peter Steele Acadia Univ Wolfville NS Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121
UUCP: {uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}dalcs!aucs!Peter

greely@teak.cis.ohio-state.edu (J Greely) (02/28/88)

In article <876@aucs.UUCP> peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) writes:
>I saw a reference to a program called "Stepping Out" which as I
>understand it is an INIT which gives you a "virtual" screen that
>you can pan across on the Mac's standard size screen just by moving
>the mouse to the edges of the screen.

  March '88 MacUser, pages 194-205.

-=-
				      -j,  greely@satcom3.cis.ohio-state.edu
"Tandoori to go.  That's all they went out for, these people... Tandoori
 to go... and *instead*, they... they got..."  -- Watchmen
 -----