[comp.sys.mac] The Good & The BAD !!

edgar@dasys1.UUCP (Edgar Balagot) (03/01/88)

Mac Connections is the best source for getting extra items that you need
for your Macintosh. They may not have the largest selection of Mac software
and peripherals, but they sure are the best when it comes to dealing with
customers in an honest and corteous manner. They have better than average
prices as compared with retail and that customer support is excellent.
When you have a problem with an item that you purchased from them, they are
more than willing to help you with finding the solution.

On the other side of the spectrum, their are those places on the west coast
which have no interest except to take your money and give you zilch support
if something goes wrong. These are the places to avoid because if you are
not satisfied with your equipment, then you are up at a dead end. I will
not go into specifics, but all I will say is that I have tried alot of
places (mail order houses), and MacConnection is the best by light years
in service and customer service even after they have gotten your money.
So, to all those potential mail order buyers, please look carefully into
a place before buying a single thing from them even if it's only a box of
blank disks....It is your hard-earned money..you know!!

--
Edgar Balagot
Big Electric Cat Public UNIX

peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) (03/02/88)

in article <3205@dasys1.UUCP>, edgar@dasys1.UUCP (Edgar Balagot) says:

> Mac Connections is the best source for getting extra items that you need
> for your Macintosh. They may not have the largest selection of Mac software

I like them as well. It was really quite an experience ordering from
them. One of the few times a company actually seemed to know what
they were doing. And if you've ordered from them before, its even
better service.

I also deal with MacWarehouse. They have a larger selection and
better prices and their service is as good. They also have a
toll free number for Canadian customers, which MacConnection
doesn't have. So I always call MacWarehouse first, then
MacConnection...

--
Peter Steele Acadia Univ Wolfville NS Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121
UUCP: {uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}dalcs!aucs!Peter

drc@dbase.UUCP (Dennis Cohen) (03/03/88)

In article <3205@dasys1.UUCP>, edgar@dasys1.UUCP (Edgar Balagot) writes:
> On the other side of the spectrum, their are those places on the west coast
> which have no interest except to take your money and give you zilch support
> if something goes wrong. These are the places to avoid because if you are
While my experiences with MacConnection are excellent, they are no better or
worse than my (far more numerous) experiences with ComputerWare, which, being
in Palo Alto, is definitely a West Coast operation.  Their selection is
extensive, prices reasonable, they don't charge until they ship, and always
let you know when something will have to be backordered.  They are truly a
class operation as well.  You shouldn't classify things regionally the way
you did because there is a mail order facility in the East that is as bad
as any of them -- but that doesn't mean that every house in the East blows,
just that the one does.  ComputerWare takes returns to the extent allowed by
the manufacturers and has even shipped replacements before the originals were
returned.

Dennis Cohen
Ashton-Tate Macintosh Division
dBASE Mac Development Team
Disclaimer:  Opinions expressed above are mine and my employer has no claim on
them or responsibility for them.