[comp.sys.mac] Has anyone done this?

ramin@scampi.UUCP (Fubar Void) (03/02/88)

Has anyone ported OS/360 to the Mac? A friend has been hounding me
for several months now. He would like to use the system to predict the
behavioral model of VAX/VMS in degraded mode (with every user running
EDT simultaneously). Since he is new to the Mac world and is eager to
learn he is also asking for MPW-shell sources to the above. He'll also
take RPG-II. Anyone out there?

AdvTHANKSance. No really...

r.
--

ramin@scampi.sc-scicon.com --or--
{ihnp4,lll-lcc,hoptoad}!scampi!ramin

sbb@esquire.UUCP (Stephen B. Baumgarten) (03/03/88)

In article <230@scampi.UUCP> ramin@scampi.UUCP (Fubar Void) writes:
>Has anyone ported OS/360 to the Mac? A friend has been hounding me
>for several months now. He would like to use the system to predict the
>behavioral model of VAX/VMS in degraded mode (with every user running
>EDT simultaneously). Since he is new to the Mac world and is eager to
>learn he is also asking for MPW-shell sources to the above. He'll also
>take RPG-II. Anyone out there?

This is great -- you made my evening!  If you do get any serious responses to
this, let me know, since I'm interested in porting OSx 4.0 from our Pyramids
at work to my Mac Plus (that way I don't have to use A/UX)...

Oh and if your friend wants to take RPG-II, he can have it...

[ Multiple :-) 's, of course! ]

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."