[comp.sys.mac] Good set of Unix {Y,X}modem tools?

chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (03/02/88)

Does anyone have a set of Xmodem (and preferably Ymodem) tools that run on
the Unix side that will work cleanly with Red Ryder? I have some version of
the zmodem stuff, but it tends to get packet errors on startup and do some
other glitchy things (zmodem's designed more for PC transfer). Is there a
definitive set of these things to talk to Red Ryder?

chuq
Chuq Von Rospach			chuq@sun.COM		Delphi: CHUQ

     There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in their home.
                               Ken Olson, President, Digital Equipment, 1977

martin@uhccux.UUCP (Brian Martin) (03/06/88)

In article <43664@sun.uucp> chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
>Does anyone have a set of Xmodem (and preferably Ymodem) tools that run on
>the Unix side that will work cleanly with Red Ryder?

I've been using the programs "rz" and "sz", running on an Apollo with bsd4.2
as the default environment connected to a Mac II at 19,200 baud without any
problems. These programs support zmodem, ymodem, and xmodem protocols.

They should be available on your local archive site. I think they were posted
to net.sources early last year.