[comp.sys.mac] MacWarehouse Flame

glenn@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (Glenn Heinle) (03/04/88)

What is the IQ of the average person at a mail-order place?
Recently I purchaced a hard drive from MacWarehouse.  This was
the phone conversation:

Me:  I would like to order a hard drive.
SP:  What drive would you like to order?
Me:  The MacBottom HD45 by PCPC.  What color does that come in?  The platimun
     or the brownish color?
SP:  It comes in Platinum or Beige.
Me:  Great, I'll take it in Beige.
SP:  OK, that will be one MacBottom HD45 in Beige.
Me:  Yep.

... Credit Card numbers ... etc ...

Four business days later (not bad, I was happy with the time), my hard drive
arrived for me to play with.  I open the box, and (you guessed it) platinum.
I thought I would get used to the color, and it is not worth returning just
for a different color.  However, the difference between beige and platinum
is just enough it be very irritating.  After a while, I hate looking on my
desk where everything is beige except one box.

Does MacWarehouse screw up orders often?

Glenn Heinle
heinle@austin.lockheed.com
(512) 448-9128

peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) (03/07/88)

in article <89@bluejay.AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM>, glenn@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (Glenn Heinle) says:

> Does MacWarehouse screw up orders often?

I deal with MacWarehouse quite often and have never had a single problem.
Now, I only ever ordered software from them, so the platinum/beige
issue isn't really relevant... :-)

--
Peter Steele Acadia Univ Wolfville NS Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121
UUCP: {uunet|watmath|utai|garfield}dalcs!aucs!Peter

hallett@lear.steinmetz (Jeff A. Hallett) (03/07/88)

In article <89@bluejay.AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM> glenn@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (Glenn Heinle) writes:

>Four business days later (not bad, I was happy with the time), my hard drive
>arrived for me to play with.  I open the box, and (you guessed it) platinum.
>I thought I would get used to the color, and it is not worth returning just
>for a different color.  However, the difference between beige and platinum
>is just enough it be very irritating.  After a while, I hate looking on my
>desk where everything is beige except one box.
>
>Does MacWarehouse screw up orders often?

Well, I've dealt with MacWarehouse several times and never had a
problem.  Service has always been friendly, competent and speedy.  I
would say that your incident is an isolated one and even in the best
mail-order houses, accidents happen.

If you don't like the platinum, then you should send it back.  If it
doesn't bother you enough to send it back, then it isn't worth the
flame.

Jeffrey A. Hallett                     | ARPA: hallett@ge-crd.arpa
Software Technology Program    	       | UUCP: desdemona!hallett@steinmetz.uucp
GE Corporate Research and Development  | (518) 387-5654
|                            Credo Quia Absurdum Est                          |