[comp.sys.mac] MC68881 vs. XC68881?

rs4u+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard Siegel) (03/06/88)

Perhaps some Motorola folks can answer this one...

What's the difference between the MC and the XC designation on the processor
package? I've seen both 68020's and 68881's with the XC part code; what
does it mean?

Thanks...

	--Rich
Richard Siegel
Confused Undergrad, Carnegie-Mellon University

The opinions stated here do not represent the policies
of Carnegie-Mellon University.

Arpa: rich.siegel@andrew.cmu.edu
UUCP: {decvax,ucbvax,sun}!andrew.cmu.edu!rich.siegel

jimc@iscuva.ISCS.COM (Jim Cathey) (03/08/88)

In article <AWALQby00Xc9y-s0Me@andrew.cmu.edu> rs4u+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard Siegel) writes:

>Perhaps some Motorola folks can answer this one...
>
>What's the difference between the MC and the XC designation on the processor
>package? I've seen both 68020's and 68881's with the XC part code; what
>does it mean?

Very possibly this is not a fully-qualified part.  I believe the
SC68xxx parts are sample parts, from pre-production runs.  If they
don't work for you, tough bananas and please report your problems to
Moto.  I am not familiar with the XC parts, but I would expect the
same sort of thing.

! II      CCCCCC !  Jim Cathey
! II  SSSSCC     !  ISC Systems Corp.
! II      CC     !  TAF-C8;  Spokane, WA  99220
! IISSSS  CC     !  UUCP: uunet!iscuva!jimc
! II      CCCCCC !  (509) 927-5757
			"With excitement like this, who is needing enemas?"