[comp.sys.mac] Can Terminal Programs run at 2400 baud?

lui@CS.UCLA.EDU (03/15/88)

I'm considering buying a 2400 baud modem to increase the throughput on my
Mac when I'm editing on the local computer. The increased communication
rate will definitely speed up file transfers, but are the current terminal
program capable of running at 2400 Baud? I've tried a few terminal
emulators (MacTerminal, MicroPhone, Smartcom II) at 9600 baud and they just
can keep up and fall behind.

	Stephen Lui

	ARPA:  lui@cs.ucla.edu
	UUCP:  ...!{cepu,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!lui

smh@mhuxu.UUCP (S. M. Henning) (03/15/88)

In article <10335@shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU>, lui@CS.UCLA.EDU (Stephen Lui) writes:
> Are the current terminal program capable of running at 2400 Baud?
> I've tried a few terminal emulators (MacTerminal, MicroPhone, Smartcom II)
>  at 9600 baud and they just can keep up and fall behind.

I use VersaTerm and VersaTermPRO routinely at 9600 and 2400 baud with no problems.
I found the 2400 baud modem is better at noise rejection than the 1200 baud
modems.

From the keys of Steve Henning, AT&T Bell Labs, Reading, PA mhuxu!smh