[comp.sys.mac] Mac Vapor Publishing

kriss@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (R M Kriss) (03/14/88)

The following is a copy of a letter I mailed regarding the Macintosh
Bible.  I would be intested to find out what others have to say about
the subject of Vapor - Publishing. The book was good when released;
however its big time out of date now.

----- cpy of MacWrite TEXT file letter ---
March 13, 1988

Goldstein & Blair
Box 7635
Berkeley, CA 94707

Subject:  The Macintosh Bible - Update

When I purchased my Mac in 1986, I purchased and enjoyed your Macintosh
Bible. One thing that impressed me was the promise of "Two Free
Updates."  I tore out the last page as proof of purchase and mailed it
to you expecting the first update in Mid 1987 and the second in early
1988.

To date I have not received either update. Hopefully, you just lost my
address and will send the updates very soon. I hope the update is not
Mac Vapor-Publishing.

Richard M. Kriss

kraut@ut-emx.UUCP (Werner Uhrig) (03/15/88)

In article <93@killdeer.AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM>, kriss@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (R M Kriss) writes:
> The following is a copy of a letter I mailed regarding the Macintosh
> Bible.  I would be intested to find out what others have to say about
> the subject of Vapor - Publishing. The book was good when released;
> however its big time out of date now.

	Richard,
		I'm sure you'll be glad to hear that my experience was
	totally different from yours.  I bought the book sometimes during
	Dec '87, mailed in the registration card sometimes in Jan '88 and
	received 2 updates sometimes in Feb '88 ..... and am reasonably happy.

		Good luck,		---Werner
--
(prefered mailbox:)		werner%rascal@sally.utexas.edu
				....!ut-sally!rascal.ics.utexas.edu!werner

esf00@amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (Elliott S. Frank) (03/16/88)

In article <93@killdeer.AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM> kriss@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (R M Kriss) writes:
>        I would be intested to find out what others have to say about
>the subject of [the Macintosh Bible].

I just got my second update to the Macintosh Bible.  Other than some
prose about FullWrite Professional (the ultimate vaporware!) it's a
great collection of little tidbits.  A lot of stuff I'd already seen
posted to comp.sys.mac, but then a) it's nice to have it in a book,
b) I don't always get to read the net, and c) my wife likes to have
things in books.

Update one arrived late fall '87 (I sent in a change of address after
having bought the book and then moved), and update two was early March
'88.  I'm now wondering how I can get update three.  (Purchasers
are only promised two free updates.)

--
Elliott Frank      ...!{hplabs,ames,sun}!amdahl!esf00     (408) 746-6384
               or ....!{bnrmtv,drivax,hoptoad}!amdahl!esf00

[the above opinions are strictly mine, if anyone's.]
[the above signature may or may not be repeated, depending upon some
inscrutable property of the mailer-of-the-week.]

sdy@ssc-vax.UUCP (Sea Lance) (03/17/88)

In article <93@killdeer.AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM>, kriss@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM (R M Kriss) writes:
> The following is a copy of a letter I mailed regarding the Macintosh
(....)
> To date I have not received either update. Hopefully, you just lost my
> address and will send the updates very soon. I hope the update is not
> Mac Vapor-Publishing.
>
> Richard M. Kriss

I've received both updates -- the first came about 3 months after I bought the
book -- it showed up last Nov. -- the second came yesterday. The preface of
the second update did note that the dates of shipment had slid -- and that
they were also late filling other orders (disk etc).

steve.

--
Steven D. Yee                 >>> my employer does not share my opinions  <<<
uw-beaver!ssc-vax!sdy         >>> (that's because I'm always right! ;-)   <<<

(chant) We want more!  We want more!  We want more lines than four!!!!!!!