[comp.sys.mac] System 4.3/6.0 & MultiScrap is sloooow!

np@doc.ic.ac.uk (Nigel Perry) (03/11/88)

I've just got my HD and installed System Software Version 5.1 =
System B1-4.3, Finder B1-6.0 (UK). Now MultiScrap is sloooow!
On clicking in the scroll bar the next picture comes up fast
and then MS takes ages to write "n of m" and "pict/bmap" etc
before it will move to the next entry. Has anybody else had this
problem? Is there a solution - I tried making a new scrapbook
instead of using an old one (made under System 3.2), no luck.
Is there a new better MS replacement somebody could send me, or
do I have to go and finsihed my LSP project to write one myself?
Thanks in advance, email replies and I'll summarize if it looks
useful.

			Nigel
---
Nigel Perry                                  Department of Computing
                                             Imperial College
Janet: np@uk.ac.ic.doc                       London
DARPA: np%uk.ac.ic.doc@ucl-cs                SW7
Uucp:  np@icdoc.UUCP, ukc!icdoc!np           England

moriarty@tc.fluke.COM (Jeff Meyer) (03/18/88)

In article <232@gould.doc.ic.ac.uk> np@doc.ic.ac.uk (Nigel Perry) writes:
>I've just got my HD and installed System Software Version 5.1 =
>System B1-4.3, Finder B1-6.0 (UK). Now MultiScrap is sloooow!
>On clicking in the scroll bar the next picture comes up fast
>and then MS takes ages to write "n of m" and "pict/bmap" etc
>before it will move to the next entry. Has anybody else had this
>problem? Is there a solution - I tried making a new scrapbook
>instead of using an old one (made under System 3.2), no luck.
>Is there a new better MS replacement somebody could send me, or
>do I have to go and finsihed my LSP project to write one myself?

I ran into this *very* annoying problem when I first got my hard drive.  No,
there isn't a new version of MultiScrap out that solves the problem.  Yes,
there is a solution, but it costs -- buy SmartScrap, which is basically a
very fast MultiScrap with two added features: a) it saves in standard
ScrapBook style scrapbooks, and b) it will show you a catalog of everything
in the scrapbook (not very handy for text, but very handy for graphics).

                "Consequences, Schmonsequences, as long as I'm rich."

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
INTERNET:     moriarty@tc.fluke.COM
Manual UUCP:  {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, hplsla, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty
CREDO:        You gotta be Cruel to be Kind...