[comp.sys.mac] Additional Serial Ports for MAC II

kuntz@imag.UUCP (Gilles Kuntz) (03/25/88)

The two standard serial ports of MAC II are not enough to control some devices
such as videoplayers, videotapes...
Thus, I am looking for a NUBUS card having 2 or 4
additional serial ports (RS-232 or RS-422).

Do you know somebody who sells such
a card, including its driver (hardware and software)?

In France, we can find a card, made by AST Research, Inc. Irvine,Ca.,named
ICP (MILWAUKEE COMMUNICATIONS PROCESSOR),
without any software. Do you have
some experience in using this card. In such a case, could you tell me please
how can I use it, or send me the corresponding driver?

Thank you for sending me your answer via "mail."

--
Gilles KUNTZ            kuntz@imag.imag.fr          kuntz@imag.UUCP
Laboratoire ARTEMIS                       {uunet.uu.netImcvax}!imag!kuntz

mark@odin.ucsd.edu (mark anderson) (03/27/88)

In article <2728@imag.UUCP> kuntz@imag.UUCP (Gilles Kuntz) writes:
>The two standard serial ports of MAC II are not enough to control some devices
>such as videoplayers, videotapes...
>Thus, I am looking for a NUBUS card having 2 or 4
>additional serial ports (RS-232 or RS-422).
>
>Do you know somebody who sells such
>a card, including its driver (hardware and software)?

I have been writing a driver for just such a board. It has four
additional standard serial ports (RS-422) and a builtin modem.
The driver provides the standard Macintosh OS serial driver
interface to the board. For more information contact:

	John Metzger
	Tara Systems Company
	912 Santa Hidalga
	Solana Beach, CA 92075