[comp.sys.mac] Cute Apple Print Ads

merchant@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Peter Merchant) (03/30/88)

In article <1370@ut-emx.UUCP>, Werner Uhrig writes:
> In case you don't read the fine print, the following footnote was included
> in the Macintosh II ad, p. 18-19 in WSJ of March 25
>         Macintosh II comes with a CPU (which isn't shown here) and a mouse
>         (which is).  For the sake of custom>         can, and pencil cup.
>
> And there's no little :-) on the page, either...

This reminds me of the Apple ad I saw a few years ago for the Apple II.  They
had a little footnote next to the price which read:

     This is the suggested retail price.  You may pay more if you really want
     to.  Or less.

I was tempted to bring the ad into an Apple dealer and say, in a loud voice,
"I want to pay less!"
---
"And there's so much more                 Peter Merchant (merchant@eleazar.UUCP)
 No one's ever heard before..."