[comp.sys.mac] question -- how to change blessed folder

mailnews@andante.UUCP (Henry Kautz's mailnews program) (03/22/88)

How do you change the active system folder?  The "drag system and
finder" simultaneously trick doesn't seem to work.  Please mail
response.
---- Henry Kautz
:uucp:	allegra!kautz
:arpa: or :csnet: kautz@allegra.att.com
:old style csnet: kautz%allegra@btl.csnet

cyosta@taux01.UUCP (Yossie Silverman) (03/31/88)

In article <9133@andante.UUCP> mailnews@andante.UUCP (Henry Kautz's mailnews program) writes:
>How do you change the active system folder?  The "drag system and
>finder" simultaneously trick doesn't seem to work.  Please mail
>response.
>---- Henry Kautz
>:uucp:	allegra!kautz
>:arpa: or :csnet: kautz@allegra.att.com
>:old style csnet: kautz%allegra@btl.csnet

The "trick" I use is to hold a folder called something like "exchange" in
each system folder.  I open the system which I want to "deactivate" and move
the finder into that folder.  (If you look at the system folder ICON, you will
notice that the "mac" SICN inside it goes away).  I then move the finder
out of the exchange folder in the system to be "activated" (If you look at
the new system folder, you will see said SICN appear).  I now RESTART (Menu
Item).  This is it.  Many people claim that you should also do a "Set
Startup" on the new finder, but I find this unnecessary.
Hope this helps.

--
Yossie Silverman                                   What did the Caspian sea?
National Semiconductor Ltd. (Israel)				- Saki

williamm@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Michael Williams) (04/02/88)

In article <9133@andante.UUCP> mailnews@andante.UUCP (Henry Kautz's mailnews program) writes:
>How do you change the active system folder?  The "drag system and
>finder" simultaneously trick doesn't seem to work.
>---- Henry Kautz

Double-click on the Finder of the system which you would like to be 'blessed'
while holding down the Command and Option keys.

Hope this is what you wanted (and haven't already been told it 30 times),
-Remo

..{nbires,hao,seismo,ihnp4}!boulder!tramp!williamm
BIT: WILLIAMS@COLORADO.EDU
SNAIL: 2905 E Aurora Ave #129, Boulder CO 80303