[comp.sys.mac] Apple Challenges HP New Wave

khayo@sonia.cs.ucla.edu (Erazm J. Behr) (03/24/88)

In article <2706@tekigm2.TEK.COM> phils@tekigm2.UUCP (Philip E Staub) writes:
 >In article <535@nunki.usc.edu> rjung@sal6.usc.edu (Robert Jung) writes:
 >>P.S. Gosh, if I had thought of this sooner, I could have copyrighted the use
 >>of a KEYBOARD, and put hundreds of people out of work waaay back in the
 >>beginning of computer-history...
 >
 >Don't laugh. As I recall, either RCA or GE has a patent on the use of CRTs
 >for display of alpahnumeric characters generated as a scanned dot matrix.
 >Sound familiar? Like in (virtually) every terminal and computer in
 >existence.

I heard somewhere that the late Stan Ulam and Edward Teller are
co-owners of a patent on "a thermonuclear explosive device"...
I wonder if they collected anything from, say, the UK :-?
                                                       Eric
 Please use   khayo@MATH.ucla.edu   instead of CS.ucla.edu

sean@ms.uky.edu (Sean Casey) (04/02/88)

The summary line pretty much says it all.  This is one court case
I would love to watch on TV.

Sean
--
***  Sean Casey               sean@ms.uky.edu,  sean@ukma.bitnet
***  The Empire Nutcase       {rutgers,uunet,cbosgd}!ukma!sean