[comp.sys.mac] DC help for FireBall 4 ??

williamm@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Michael Williams) (04/02/88)

  Can somebody tell me what the trick is (if there is one) to getting
to the Wizard in FireBall 4, with respect to the pulleys.  There are
only 3, so it takes max 6 tries to get it correct, BUT I was wondering
if it is necessary to go through each of the 6 tries, or if there is
some way to tell which one to pull next (according to the way the wizard
is waving, the fire moving, etc).

Thanks for info,
Remo

..{nbires,hao,seismo,ihnp4}!boulder!tramp!williamm
BIT: WILLIAMS@COLORADO.EDU
SNAIL: 2905 E Aurora Ave #129, Boulder CO 80303

hallett@macbeth.steinmetz (Jeff A. Hallett) (04/04/88)

In article <5175@sigi.Colorado.EDU> williamm@tramp.Colorado.EDU (Michael Williams) writes:

>  Can somebody tell me what the trick is (if there is one) to getting
>to the Wizard in FireBall 4, with respect to the pulleys.  There are
>only 3, so it takes max 6 tries to get it correct, BUT I was wondering
>if it is necessary to go through each of the 6 tries, or if there is
>some way to tell which one to pull next (according to the way the wizard
>is waving, the fire moving, etc).

SPOILERS!

There is no way to tell which one to move next.  It is random
everytime, but I notice that 3-2-1 or 2-3-1 work most often.  Remember
to bat the eye before each attempt.  When the door opens, get as close
to the wizard as fast as possible.  The eye can still fry you if you
are too close to the steps.

DEATH TO MERLIN'S MUTIES!

Jeffrey A. Hallett                     | ARPA: hallett@ge-crd.arpa
Software Technology Program    	       | UUCP: desdemona!hallett@steinmetz.uucp
GE Corporate Research and Development  | (518) 387-5654
|                            Credo Quia Absurdum Est                          |