[comp.sys.mac] Mac+ comminucation configuration

NETCU@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU (04/01/88)

Does anyone know of or know where we could  get the configuration for the
Mac+ mini din 8 to DB9 communication cable. Apple order#590-0341-a or M0187.
We would like to convert the DB9 pin side to a rs232 25pin cable for use with
a IBM 7171 ascii device control unit. Any information would be appriciated.

Thanxs
  DCMCU & EEHCU

psych@watdcsu.waterloo.edu (R.Crispin - Psychology) (04/04/88)

The output from the mini-din 8 to db9 is the same as the output from
the db9 on the old 128/512 except there is no +5V. The following
should be helpful

DB9
1  Frame Ground
2  +5v
3  Signal Ground (GND)
4  Transmit Data (TXD+)
5  Transmit Data (TXD-)
6  +12V
7  Handshake
8  Receive Data (RXD+)
9  Receive Data (RXD-)

Mini-DIn 8
1  Handshake output (KSKo +12V)
2  Handshke Input (HSKi)
3  Transmit Data (TXD-)
4  Frame Ground
5  Receive Data (RXD-)
6  Transmit Data (TXD+)
8  Receive Data (RXD+)

We have also discovered that Apple part no. A9C0314 Apple II printer Cable
works perfectly as a Mini-Din 8 to DB25 RS232 Adapter.

Richard Crispin
Dept. of Psychology             Bitnet: psych@watdcs
University of Waterloo          Unix  : psych@watdcsu.waterloo.edu
Waterloo, Ont.   Canada   N2L 3G1
(519)885-1211 ext 2879

ps01@bunny.UUCP (Paul Suh) (04/04/88)

In article <1282NETCU@CUNYVM> NETCU@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU writes:
>Does anyone know of or know where we could  get the configuration for the
>Mac+ mini din 8 to DB9 communication cable. Apple order#590-0341-a or M0187.
>We would like to convert the DB9 pin side to a rs232 25pin cable for use with
>a IBM 7171 ascii device control unit. Any information would be appriciated.
>
>Thanxs
>  DCMCU & EEHCU

_The Apple Macintosh Book_ by Cary Lu has the pin configurations in the
back, along with loads of other useful information.  I highly recommend
it, and not just for the pin-outs.

					--Paul

[inews food]