[comp.sys.mac] carrying case for Mac Plus

jsanders@topaz.rutgers.edu (jill sanders) (04/14/88)

  I'm interested in getting a carrying case for my Mac Plus.  By
looking through various magazines I have noticed that there are a few
different ones.  I am interested in which one is the most durable and
reasonably priced.

 Thank You,

 Jill Sanders

 jsanders@topaz.rutgers.edu (arpa)
 rutgers!topaz.rutgers.edu!jsanders (UUCP)

 snail mail:  LPO 10166 CN 5064		 phone: 201-846-2461
              New Brunswick, NJ 08903

fleishman-glenn@CS.YALE.EDU (Glenn Fleishman) (04/14/88)

In article <Apr.13.19.43.45.1988.12750@topaz.rutgers.edu> jsanders@topaz.rutgers.edu (jill sanders) writes:

>  I'm interested in getting a carrying case for my Mac Plus.  By
>looking through various magazines I have noticed that there are a few
>different ones.  I am interested in which one is the most durable and
>reasonably priced.

My Mac Plus carrying case is from a company called ComputerAid. (No other
id is on the case, and I ordered through a distributor.) It cost about $60-70
and has passed several tests:
1. It itself is light
2. It's reinforced cardboard on the sides; lightweight, but fairly rugged.
3. It's not an ugly color
4. It fits perfectly under any airplane seat -- including (get this) those
horrible Stretch 727's where the seat space is virtually nil (caveat:
it fits under the middle or right seats on the right side, and vice versa, not
under the aisle seats.) In other planes there's plenty of room.
Number 4 should be true of any case, but is a definite consideration
for my thousands of miles per year, and Apple Co. itself, when called,
declared itself unaware of whether it would actually fit under an airplane
seat (the Mac Plus that is. True story).

Glenn I. Fleishman, graphic designer & Mac apologist
FLEGLEI@YALEVM.BITNET or to above address
"What? Why did you say that? What do you know about my IMAGE DUPLICATOR?"