[comp.sys.mac] banner programs?

mcnabb@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu (04/20/88)

Has anyone seen any PD/SW programs that can easily produce banners on the Mac
imagewriter?  By banners I mean long signs with letters from 5 to 8 inches
tall printed horizontally down the continuous-feed paper in one long line.
Do any existing commercial programs do this (superpaint, word, whatever)?
Seems like a fairly simple thing to do.  I'm not picky about the font,
just want something that will do the job quickly (preferably by reading
a file so we don't have to type in all 76 messages again).

Thanks in advance for any tips - please reply by email to:

        David McNabb

        Department of Computer Science
        USENET:	...!{cmcl2,seismo,ihnp4}!uiucdcs!mcnabb
        ARPA:	mcnabb@a.cs.uiuc.edu

dickinson-malcolm@CS.YALE.EDU (Malcolm M Dickinson) (04/20/88)

Expires:

In article <164500099@uiucdcsb> mcnabb@uiucdcsb.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>Has anyone seen any PD/SW programs that can easily produce banners on the Mac
>imagewriter?  By banners I mean long signs with letters from 5 to 8 inches
>tall printed horizontally down the continuous-feed paper in one long line.

Yes.  There is a program that I got from the Yale Macintosh Users' Group
that does just that.  It is called MacBillboard 4.01 and is available either
from your local users' group under the "MacHonor" system, or for $35 from

CE Software
801 - 73rd St.
Des Moines, IA  50312

Malcolm