[comp.sys.mac] Garbled VisionLab?

paulm@nikhefk.UUCP (Paul Molenaar) (04/21/88)

After de-hexing the VisionLab files, a CRC error is produced.
A .PIT file is made, but the CRC check fails on the VisionLab
application itsself. I wouldn't mind having a distorted DOC file,
but this is more risky. Any1 any clues?
--
        Paul Molenaar

	"Just checking the walls"
		- Basil Fawlty -

wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu (Pierce T. Wetter) (04/22/88)

In article <345@nikhefk.UUCP> paulm@nikhefk.UUCP (Paul Molenaar) writes:
>After de-hexing the VisionLab files, a CRC error is produced.
>A .PIT file is made, but the CRC check fails on the VisionLab
>application itsself. I wouldn't mind having a distorted DOC file,
>but this is more risky. Any1 any clues?
>--

  Use binhex or a version of stuffit later then 1.31. Of course my version
crashes even after I do that, but at least I don't get any crc errors.
Pierce Wetter
wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu     Race For Space Grand Prize Winner.
   Useless Advice #986: Never sit on a Tack.