[comp.sys.mac] survey of Mac owners

tm2f+@andrew.cmu.edu (Terence David Murphy) (04/23/88)

This is a survey of Macintosh owners trying to determine if the
price of replacement of the video card and fan in the Mac SE are
considered reasonable.  It is also trying to measure the level of
customer loyalty among Macintosh owners.

1)  Do you own or use a Macintosh? __ Yes, at work  __ Yes, at home
    __ No
2)  If so, what kind and with what accessories?  __________________
3)  If you are familiar with the problems with the Mac SE's fan and
    video card, do you feel these are reasonable problems to live
    with for the benefits of a fan?  __ Yes  __ No
4)  If you own a Mac SE with the old fan and video card, have you
    had these replaced with quieter versions?
    __ Yes, with Apple's fan and video card
    __ Yes, with a third party fan
    __ No
5)  If you replaced your fan with Apple's replacement fan and video
    card, did you have this done under warranty?  __ Yes  __ No
6)  If you paid for a replacement fan, do you feel it is reasonable
    to have to pay to have this done?  __ Yes  __ No

1)  Have you ever recommended the purchase of a personal computer
    to others?
    __ Yes, for my employer  __ Yes, for friends, relatives  __ No
2)  If so, what kind of computer did you recommend?
    __ IBM  __ IBM Clone
    __ Macintosh Plus,SE  __ Macintosh II
    __ Other __________________
3)  Please rank, in order of priority, which of the following
    influenced your recommendation for which type of computer to
    purchase:
    __ advanced technology
    __ reliability
    __ warranty
    __ price
    __ software quality and availability
    __ ease of use
    __ loyalty towards a specific manufacturer
    __ service from a specific manufacturer
    __ other __________________

Thank you for your time in filling out this questionaire.  Please
send your replies to:
             Terence Murphy    tm2f@andrew.cmu.edu
          or, via US Mail:
             Terence Murphy
             2700 Evans Dale Cir.
             Atlanta, GA  30340

The results of this survey should be posted in about one month.
Thank you again for your time.

stevel@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Steve Ligett) (04/28/88)

In article <MWQ1mFy00WI1l8U09s@andrew.cmu.edu> tm2f+@andrew.cmu.edu (Terence David Murphy) writes:
>This is a survey of Macintosh owners trying to determine if the
>price of replacement of the video card and fan in the Mac SE are
>considered reasonable.  ... (much deleted)

If your SE has "screen jitter", Apple will replace the fan for free.  Your
dealer should know about this program.

(Do you remember Sherry (of Micom?) talking about "phase jitter"
at the old Joint Computer Conferencess??)
--
   Steve Ligett     steve.ligett@dartmouth.edu or
(decvax harvard ihnp4 linus)!dartvax!steve.ligett