[comp.sys.mac] Flex on multiple screens

mkb@rover.ri.cmu.edu (Mike Blackwell) (05/03/88)

Flex (recently posted to comp.binaries.mac) is a pretty spiffy screen saver,
but it doesn't work correctly if you have multiple screens. I have two
256-color screens. The symptoms are that it always clears the main screen,
but only clears the other screen about half the time. When it does clear the
other screen, it doesn't fade it, but just blanks it (which is okay, if it'd
work all the time). Also, if the current active window is on the other
screen, and Flex kicks in, then the main screen blanks, and just the WINDOW
on the other screen turns black... It'd also be nice if the flex pattern
would move onto the other screen, instead of being bound to the main.

If someone could pass this on to Ben Haller, I'd appreciate it. I'll send
him $5 anyway, but I'd like to see the program fixed...

		Mike Blackwell		(mkb@rover.ri.cmu.edu)

sbb@esquire.UUCP (Stephen B. Baumgarten) (05/03/88)

In article <1582@pt.cs.cmu.edu> mkb@rover.ri.cmu.edu (Mike Blackwell) writes:
>Flex (recently posted to comp.binaries.mac) is a pretty spiffy screen saver,
>but it doesn't work correctly if you have multiple screens. I have two
>256-color screens. The symptoms are that it always clears the main screen,
>but only clears the other screen about half the time. When it does clear the
>other screen, it doesn't fade it, but just blanks it (which is okay, if it'd
>work all the time). Also, if the current active window is on the other
>screen, and Flex kicks in, then the main screen blanks, and just the WINDOW
>on the other screen turns black... It'd also be nice if the flex pattern
>would move onto the other screen, instead of being bound to the main.

It'd also be nice if it didn't stop Versaterm background downloads in
their tracks (something AutoBlack doesn't do).  Even though I checked
the "Allow Background Tasks" box, once Flex starts up Versaterm grinds
to a screeching halt.  So even though I much prefer Flex, I'll have to
stick to AutoBlack for now.

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."