[comp.sys.mac] MSWORD 3.02!

mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Mark Interrante) (04/30/88)

I have just purchased a copy of MSWORD 3.02 (yes) from the
campus book store.  Does anyone know what the difference is between
3.01 and 3.02? So far I can descern no difference.  The cost was $49

| That government is best which governs least, because its people            |
| discipline themselves. |                              - Thomas Jefferson   |
| Mark Interrante                                            CIS Department  |
| (904) 335-8047                                      University of Florida  |
| Internet:  mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu                   Gainesville, FL  32611  |

chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (04/30/88)

>I have just purchased a copy of MSWORD 3.02 (yes) from the
>campus book store.  Does anyone know what the difference is between
>3.01 and 3.02? So far I can descern no difference.  The cost was $49

The only change involved some bug fixes in printing with the new letter
quality ImageWriter. Nothing else was merged in.

Chuq Von Rospach			chuq@sun.COM		Delphi: CHUQ

                           We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

c60b-da@buddy.Berkeley.EDU (Alex Ho) (05/02/88)

In article <15257@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Mark Interrante) writes:
>I have just purchased a copy of MSWORD 3.02 (yes) from the
>campus book store.  Does anyone know what the difference is between
>3.01 and 3.02? So far I can descern no difference.  The cost was $49

i believe that several features have been added to word 3.02. it now
supports the gcc personal laser printer and imagewriter lq (not that
i've had the chance to try either yet...) when one prints multiple
copies on a laserwriter, only one print job is created, which speeds up
print times. the font dialogue box now lists the fonts in alphabetical order,
which is really nice. and finally, the spelling checker has been "fixed".
it now knows when to stop checking a document and skips words that the
users enters as being correct but aren't in the dictionary. the changes
are minor, but it's worth calling microsoft to get.

---

alex ho                                  O   O
c60b-da@buddy.berkeley.edu                 |
university of california, berkeley       \___/
a confused and lost eecs student           U

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (05/04/88)

In article <2904@pasteur.Berkeley.Edu> c60b-da@buddy.Berkeley.EDU.UUCP (Alex Ho) writes:
|In article <15257@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> mfi@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Mark Interrante) writes:
|>I have just purchased a copy of MSWORD 3.02 (yes) from the
|>     . . . .  Does anyone know what the difference is between
|>3.01 and 3.02? So far I can descern no difference.  The cost was $49
|
|i believe that several features have been added to word 3.02. it now
|supports the gcc personal laser printer and imagewriter lq (not that
|i've had the chance to try either yet...)

Could be (I don't have 3.02), but:
|                                            when one prints multiple
|copies on a laserwriter, only one print job is created, which speeds up
|print times. the font dialogue box now lists the fonts in alphabetical order,
|which is really nice. and finally, the spelling checker has been "fixed".
|it now knows when to stop checking a document and skips words that the
|users enters as being correct but aren't in the dictionary.

The above features were all added when 3.0 was upgraded to 3.01.

	/JBL

UUCP: {backbone}!bbn!levin     USPS: BBN Communications Corporation
ARPA: levin@bbn.com                  50 Moulton Street
POTS: (617) 873-3463                 Cambridge, MA  02238