[comp.sys.mac] The Source offer

cheeser@dasys1.UUCP (Les Kay) (05/02/88)

In article <2962@saturn.ucsc.edu> alibaba@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Alexander M. Rosenberg) writes:
>This looks very much like an illegitimate use of USENET. This is blatant
>advertising!
>
>Please do not do this in the future.

It is odd. I've seen about 3 or 4 messages saying that my offer was a bad or
poor idea on my part and that the net should not be used for "This type of
thing."  The administrator of one of the systems I use also recieved a few
letters.

On the other hand, I have recieved one letter that may or may not have been
a negative comment (don't know, didn't say, just forwarded my own message
back to me...no other comments).

But, I have recieved a LOT of requests for a repost of the message (which is
why it appeared 2 times, something I WOULD NOT have done under other
circumstances, but there were too many requests to do it by mail.

So, to those people that were irritated, annoyed or downright upset/mad/angered
by the offer, I offer my apologies.

To those that have sent notes of thanks, again, too many to mail to (the 1st
dozen I tried to mail to were nearly all returned as system/adressee not
found), you are welcome.

To those that missed the ad and would like it reposted or mailed, sorry, but
due to the sentiments of some of the users of the net, it won't be
reposted and I won't be sending mailed versions as mail is to unreliable,
send me your U.S. Mail address and I will have some flyers I can send made
up. It is a shame when the net can't be used to diseminate information
more of the users find interesting than find uninteresting.

To those who don't care one way or the other <GRIN>, I'll end this now so
you don't have to read on!

Les Kay (AKA: cheeser)

Jonathan Bing, Master (cheeser)			...ihnp4!hoptoad!dasys1!cheeser
"Pereant, iniquit, qui ante nos nostra dixerunt!"                          also
"Non illegitimus carborundum!"                  ....crash!pro-charlotte!cheeser

roger_warren_tang@cup.portal.com (05/04/88)

I guess Mr. Kay is just not too sma swift.  May I suggest an adequate
dictionary for him?