[comp.sys.mac] FINDER 6.0 Icon problems

eckert@lll-lcc.aRpA (Philip D. Eckert) (04/30/88)

Since I've changed to the new finder, version 6, I've noticed that alot of
my icons have been acting differently when clicked on by the mouse.  For
instance, my SOUNDPLAY program shows a phongraph when its not in use, but
when you single click on it, it becomes a record.  Under the new finder
it still becomes a record, but it has garbage intermingled with it.  The
same thing occurs on other icons with this kind of dual structure.

My question is, is this a bug with the icon masks or is this a feature?

Thank you.

ack@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Andy J. Williams) (05/01/88)

In article <1633@lll-lcc.aRpA> eckert@lll-lcc.llnl.gov.UUCP (Philip D. Eckert) writes:
>Since I've changed to the new finder, version 6, I've noticed that alot of
>my icons have been acting differently when clicked on by the mouse.  For
>instance, my SOUNDPLAY program shows a phongraph when its not in use, but
>when you single click on it, it becomes a record.  Under the new finder
>it still becomes a record, but it has garbage intermingled with it.  The
>same thing occurs on other icons with this kind of dual structure.

>My question is, is this a bug with the icon masks or is this a feature?

It is a feature.  The new finder no longer does what the older ones did with
the ICN#s mask.  I beleive it has something to do with displaying in color.

-Andy

[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]
[ Fodder ]

God, Inews can be such a pain sometimes.
Wafna!

--
Andy J. Williams '90     |Ack Systems: ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu|  _   /|
Software Development     +--------------------------------------+  \`o_O' ACK!

ps01@bunny.UUCP (Paul Suh) (05/07/88)

In article <1633@lll-lcc.aRpA> eckert@lll-lcc.llnl.gov.UUCP (Philip D. Eckert) writes:
>Since I've changed to the new finder, version 6, I've noticed that alot of
>my icons have been acting differently when clicked on by the mouse.  For
>instance, my SOUNDPLAY program shows a phongraph when its not in use, but
>when you single click on it, it becomes a record.  Under the new finder
>it still becomes a record, but it has garbage intermingled with it.  The
>same thing occurs on other icons with this kind of dual structure.

>My question is, is this a bug with the icon masks or is this a feature?

This is a "Feature".  The purpose is to show the icons as 'grey-ed out'
while running under MultiFinder, so that you can easily see what
applications are open.  This has ruined a lot of neat icon/mask combos,
like Lightspeed C and Red Ryder.

A question: I can understand why this is necessary under MultiFInder,
but would it have been so much trouble to leave things the old way under
single Finder?

--

					--Paul

I'm goin' back ta duh Bronx, where it's safe ta talk normal...