[comp.sys.mac] Where do I e-mail my Mac binaries to ?

sqrkl@csvax.liv.ac.uk (05/04/88)

I have the binary of my VT100 Maculator program (only tested on a
Mac Plus so far) ready to be posted up to comp.binaries.mac.

Where do I e-mail the BinHex 4.0'ed binary to (i.e. what's the e-mail
address of the moderator for comp.binaries.mac) ?

Richard K. Lloyd,          ***************************************************
Computer Science Dept.,    * JANET : SQRKL@UK.AC.LIV.CSVAX                   *
Liverpool University,      * UUCP  : {backbone}!mcvax!ukc!mupsy!liv-cs!SQRKL *
Merseyside, England,       * ARPA  : SQRKL%csvax.liv.ac.uk@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk  *
Great (?) Britain.         ***************************************************

"I have VERY strong opinions which are nothing whatsoever to do with the
University of Liverpool, so blame ME if I bitch about useless IBM PC clones,
even more redundant IBM mainframes and the terrible Atari ST..."

steele@unc.cs.unc.edu (Oliver Steele) (05/07/88)

I've had some trouble in the past figuring this out, so I'll post what
I've got so far and somebody can correct me if I'm still wrong.

comp.binaries.mac is macintosh@felix.uucp.  (I assume comp.sources.mac is
the same, and I've never seen anything appear in net.sources.mac.)

comp.sys.mac.digest is info-mac@sumex-aim.arpa, and this is the way to get
stuff into Sumex too.

Jeff Shulman is shulman@sdr.slb.com.  Note that, although
comp.sys.mac.digests are listed as posted from him, he is not the gateway
to comp.sys.mac.digest; this is the above info-mac@sumex-aim.arpa.  He
will move postings to Delphi, however.

Roger Long, the moderator of comp.binaries.mac, is
bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com.  You shouldn't have to use this one -- use
macintosh@felix.uucp instead.

I'm sorry, but I don't have paths to any of these.  I guess you
could route any of these through mcnc, since it obviously knows
where they are.  (No, no, Mr. Site Administrator, I didn't say
that, it wasn't me!)

You will get an acknowledgment from info-mac; you will get an
acknowledgment from Jeff Shulman if you are frantic enough; you will
probably have to wait until your posting shows up in comp.sys.mac to
know if it made it there.

Transition sentences?  What transition sentences?

 Oliver Steele					  ...!decnet!mcnc!unc!steele
 UNC-CH							   steele@cs.unc.edu

 "We made it structured, and now it doesn't work." -- Brice Tebbs

bytebug@dhw68k.cts.com (Roger L. Long) (05/07/88)

In article <1435@csvax.liv.ac.uk> sqrkl@csvax.liv.ac.uk writes:
>I have the binary of my VT100 Maculator program (only tested on a
>Mac Plus so far) ready to be posted up to comp.binaries.mac.
>
>Where do I e-mail the BinHex 4.0'ed binary to (i.e. what's the e-mail
>address of the moderator for comp.binaries.mac) ?

Though this is posted from, and the machine I'm moderating from for the
time is, dhw68k.cts.com, the official mailing address for comp.binaries.mac
and comp.sources.mac, as reflected in the various moderator's lists on the
backbone machines is:

	macintosh@felix.UUCP

Thanks.
--