[comp.sys.mac] $1000 HD for Mac II?

brewer@clio.las.uiuc.edu (05/07/88)

Hi there. I am going to be getting a Mac II soon (I can hardly wait!), but I
need a hard drive for it. I have about $1000 to spend, and I am looking for
megabytes in preference to speed (though that would be nice). Does anyone have
any suggestions? I would like to squeeze 80 Meg from that $1000, but can I?

I saw an ad for the LaCie 80 Meg CMS drive, for about $1000. Is it worth it?
Can it be true. I would appreciate any help you can offer.

Robert Brewer
    brewer@clio.las.uiuc.edu
    {ihnp4 | convex | pur-ee}!uiucuxc!clio!brewer

azrael@tybalt.caltech.edu (Tonia Mahyra) (05/07/88)

	See if your college has an agreement with Rodime.

	At Tech we can get a 140 meg Rodime internal drive for about
	~$1200. And I beleive there is a 100 meg Rodime internal that
	is about ~$1000 at educational prices.

		Good Luck,

			Tonia' Mahyra

t-jacobs@utah-cs.UUCP (Tony Jacobs) (05/08/88)

In article <17000099@clio> brewer@clio.las.uiuc.edu writes:
>I saw an ad for the LaCie 80 Meg CMS drive, for about $1000. Is it worth it?
>Can it be true. I would appreciate any help you can offer.
>
>Robert Brewer
 Yes it's true. $1039. It uses a Quantum 18ms drive. It's worth it, they have
good software and a 1 year warranty.

We have 5 of their drives in our lab and we will get more i'm sure. We haven't
had any problems at all with them.

--
Tony Jacobs * Center for Engineering Design * U of U * t-jacobs@ced.utah.edu